Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

That time of year

It's that time of year again...
... leaves are budding
... the ground is breaking forth new life
... the breeze is warming
... birds are chirping
This new life amazes me, year in and year out. With each passing year all becomes more grand. My garden is bursting at the seams... the pholx, when did it grow over the iris bulbs and into the tulips? How is it that the bushes I just pruned back are fuller and more awake than ever? The Dianthis has trippled in size from just this past fall to this very moment. I walk past these front gardens every day and yet it all seems to have grown over night.
So it is with my children! I look at all three of them each day, up and down, inside and out... and yet it seems they have trippled in size over night as well. Why is it that life passes us by so quickly, and why is it that our children have to grow up so fast?
I am excited with the new possibility of Eli changing schools (he is too). 6th Grade, how did he get here so quickly? He no longer has a baby face, maturity is setting in and he is looking like a young man.
I shudder at the thought that Lilly will be headed to the lower campus next friday for a screening for Kindergarden. When did she grow up? Where has the time gone? I know she is ready for this next stage in life, but am I?
I can't fathom my youngest turning 5. Mind boggeling I tell you, mind boggeling! His growth is most prominant to me right now... his foot is getting close to surpassing his older sister... and he is really shooting up. Why so soon?



All this I suppose is how it should be, but I feel as if I have hurried through these years... not taking it all in. I feel as if I have wasted my time with rushing rather then relishing in the moment and slowing down to hold on to it.

My prayer for this end of the school year and start of the new is that I take the time to slow down and Cherish my children, take the time to make things fun and lighten the mood.



Here is to new beginnings!







0 comments: