Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Broken Vessel

Much like this vessel, I have been broken.
I will start my journey there. This summer has been INCREDIBLE in so many ways.
INCREDIBLY hard.
INCREDIBLY testing.
INCREDIBLY sweet.
INCREDIBLY long.
INCREDIBLY dry.
INCREDIBLY good.
just... INCREDIBLE.

Let me paint you the picture... as you all know, life is tough. It's tough, then add a husband, 3 children, hot and humid charlotte summers, not much down time, and changes, it's tough. It's tough to try and be all things to all people, and still have your wits about you and a mind that is in tact. Throw in GOD trying to work on some hard details in your life and it's  REALLY tough! (not that I am ungrateful, by any means) When it rains it POURS.

Needless to say, my mind wasn't in tact and I was not with all my wits! I started getting really anxious again thinking about all the things that were vying for my attention. I was, figuratively, drowning in my own thoughts... the least of which was GOD. *side note: I am just being real, those who know me, know that I LOVE the Lord beyond measure... but sometimes... being human and all... we get a little bit side tracked.*

Heart was racing a lot, mind wasn't shutting off, and I was just grumpy. Thankfully I was still able to, in the midst of my chaotic mind, hear that still small voice... "Christy, just rest... just rest in me."

... but GOD, how? ... I have so much to do... dishes, laundry, sweeping, moping, dusting, children ALL wanting me at once, grumbling to take care of between siblings, a husband to tend to, clients, family, pool time, life... I can't rest.

"Christy, please be obedient... I'll make it much easier."

 I will be obedient... but I'll rest while I am doing these things ok?

so my summer continued on, and the anxiety got worse as I was expecting certain things coming my way, I started asking for the Lord to remind me of who I am because I couldn't handle it any more.

 I am ... too busy
"I will give you rest."
I am ... tired
"wait on me and I will give you rest."
I am ... critical (this one is a lovely hand-me-down... gotta love those)
"you are a new creation in ME, the old has gone and the new has come."
I am ... flawed
"but I am perfect in all my ways."
I am... so many things to so many people
"I am the vine... abide in me."

the list went on and on... and GOD kept reminding me of who I am in Christ Jesus.

For that I am so grateful...
HE lives in me!
He loves me!
He is my Abba father!
He knows me!

For all this I lift my hands in Praise and adoration to the ONE and only God, Jesus Christ our Lord.
God you are good!
~ your broken vessel poured out for you ~

0 comments: