As I have been thinking more about what to say, I have had the opportunity to spend a little more time with these boys. I am loving every minute of it, and feel as if these boys are now my adopted children! It is so much fun, but at the same time incredibly disturbing.
This morning in church Pastor was talking about the Kingdom of God and how it was prophesied to be in the future but also in the here and now. As believers today, things are so concrete, so black and white... it is yes or no, right or wrong, black and white, true or false etc., but when we talk about the Kingdom of God it is both. The Kingdom of God is here now, but not fully ... the Lord will bring His Kingdom here again and it will be that HE makes all things the right the way they were supposed to be. As I am writing, I am totally botching the way our Pastor said it today. I hope this turns out to be clear as I continue to unfold what the Lord has impressed upon my heart to say. Matthew 6: 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness... what does this mean, and what does this look like in today's society? His kingdom is here now and we need to take hold of it day to day... we can easily become numb to the fact that there are so many needs beside our own needs, there are so many other lives that need to be touched... we can be HIS kingdom to others... we ARE His kingdom to others.
These boys have been impressed on my heart since we have started baseball season this year. The Lord had us divinely appointed to this team ... for ministry! This is incredibly exciting, it also makes me nervous and anxious as well, but I know without a doubt this is where the Lord has called us to be. There is no denying it, especially as I have listened to the cops talk about these sad situations, and as I have learned from these babies own mouths as well, there is so much hurt and so much suffering in these kids lives.

In the picture above is Tristen. This sweet boy is so troubled. He has problems listening to authority because he has had no authority figure in his life since he was a baby. His mother has been in and out of jail... and throughout the weekend he is left with little to no food in the cabinets. There have been weeks that he has gone without seeing his mother, not knowing whether she is coming back or whether she is gone for good. Please pray with me as I search the heart of GOD, as I ask HIM for wisdom as to what role I should play in this ones life. He has taken to me and will smile at me... but he is very hesitant to get too close in fear of someone leaving him. I need clarity in knowing how to properly love him... whether I need to be a mother figure and set some boundaries (ie: listen to your coaches and respect what they say, don't fool around other wise you won't be able to have your cupcake... or do I just give him a cupcake despite the fact he is fidgeting when the coach is asking him to pay attention).
I am to show Tristen His kingdom here on earth... and tell him of the Kingdom yet to come. Lord I want to do this well, please give me the words to speak, the ears to listen to your sweet HOLY SPIRIT, and your heart in order to touch his heart.

In the picture above is Antoine and the picture below is Anthony

The Lord has truly given Anthony (the boy smiling) an amazing arm. He can throw a ball across the whole field no problem. If steered in the right direction this boy could be an outstanding baseball player... I'm talking major leagues for sure. He gets really gitty and fidgets alot as well, especially when he is on the mound. He is easily distracted by anything and everyone, so when it comes to pitching he is either right on the money... and strikes the person out without the batter even moving a muscle, or he is so wild with the ball that all the runners on base make it home. This boy is just darling. He is so hard to understand sometimes because his street talk is so thick, but I love it! This kid, will go places for sure... I just hope and pray that it is down the right path. HE is Antoine older brother, they both have different mothers and the mother that is with them is always working so she is never at any game(nor are any of their other family members). I have been able to contact a good friend of mine that is now instructing Anthony and Eli in pitching every Thursday. When I picked Anthony up this past Thursday I had no clue that Antoine was his brother... as I was getting Anthony in the car I told Antoine to hop on in as well (if ok with whomever was home). I have learned and will continue learning about these boys, but what I do know of Antoine is that he is incredibly polite. He is shy and quiet... but he will hold open any door, always waits for the last person before rushing to get anywhere, and is incredibly impressionable. His heart is one that is pliable right now, and I pray that the HOLY SPIRIT gets a hold of him (as well as Anthony and Tristen). He is just sweet as sweet can be. Please pray with me as this will be the norm on Thursdays... taking the boys to and from pitching practice and possibly onto regular practice with the team. I so want for the Lord to shine through us, and I really want to learn about these boys. Again, pray that the Lord gives me the wisdom and discernment with how to love these boys the right way... I just want them to know that they can excel in life and get off the street.

top picture Eli gettin' ready to pitch
bottom Eli just having made a double play.

This boy is dear to my heart as well. This is my Eli. My eyes tear up as I write this post because he is incredibly tender hearted. We don't have much to give him but what we do have is love. God has truly blessed us with a wonderful boy, who has a heart of gold... things that come out of his mouth have touched the depths of my heart. When learning that some of these boys have little to nothing he immediately said to me... "Mom, can I get some of my shoes (which I wouldn't give because they are in such bad shape and stink to high heavens) to Anthony? Can we get some of my clothes together... I don't need all of the ones that I have." What a heart he has, and yet I forget this all too often. I am so thankful that the Lord has given me Eli to parent here on this earth, I am honored and privileged to have been given such a gem... Thank you Lord! Please pray with me for wisdom and discernment as I am his parent, I need to love him as GOD loves him... and sometimes I get caught up in other things and caught up in what the world deems to be a good home, that I forget that a good home is one that is FILLED with the LOVE of the FATHER.
Please pray that as we, the Tennyson family, pour our lives into these Monroe Boyz, stay united... remain close knit... and love each other more fully. Pray that the Tennyson family learns that it is better to GIVE than to RECEIVE. Pray that the Tennyson family lives a life that is KINGDOM minded, and pray that are able to show these children the Kingdom of GOD here on earth, and teach them about HIS KINGDOM yet to come.
1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.
19 This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence: 20 If our hearts condemn us, we know that God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything. 21 Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22 and receive from him anything we ask, because we keep his commands and do what pleases him. 23 And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
Lord may your Spirit shine through our lives every day... that You enable us to bring the kingdom to those around us... and that YOUR kingdom SHINE BRIGHTLY through us!
0 comments:
Post a Comment