Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Classic Rider

Let me start out by saying... you are going to need to track with me on this post because it is totally ADD. Which is totally me! :)
This past month has been absolutely amazing.
Trials all over the place.
Ups and downs.
Twists and Turns.
But God has been good.
He has been so faithful to our family, through so many different people. All of you know who you are, know how you have blessed us. Isn't it so amazing when family (both blood and the family of Christ) gather around fellow family members; gather to pray, to give, to help, to support, to love, to encourage, and to inspire?
My Lord has been so faithful in sending people. We have been in a place where we are literally FULLY dependant on the Lord... for ALL things. For finances, for strength, for help... and for His gentle love.
I praise the Lord because He is good... He is Jehova-Jira "my provider". Through many we have been able to pay bills with Scott not working much. We have been talking last night and some today about how the Lord has been overwhelming us. Showing us His unconditional love. He has humbled me to a point of absolute brokenness. This morning I was sobbing, just overwhelmed by His love that has been pouring out over us. Lately it has seemed non-stop.
What is so amazing is that the Lord Jesus Christ, God... formed this world... spoke it into being... He holds all the Cosmos and Galaxies in His hands... and yet He is so intricately involved in our lives. When you become a child of the Lord... when you accept Him as your Savior and put full faith, trust and hope in Him... He comes through.
I have known this for a long time, especially growing up in the church. I have had the head knowledge of God, of scripture, and of what a Christ follower is supposed to look like and live like. I have by no means lived my life perfectly (Eli is a perfect example of my shortcomings and my humanness), but I know THE MAN who was sent here... born of a virgin birth... to walk this earth... fully God and fully man... and His death on the cross has now covered me and my sins. I have accepted Him as my Lord and Savior. I have acknowledged Him as the way, the truth and the Life... and no man comes to the father (God) except through Him (Jesus).
But these last two weeks to a month... I have done nothing but cry... raise my hands to my Lord... and praise Him from my knees... He is my provider!
I have experienced the Lord like nothing I have ever experienced before. Not at church, not at a conference, not at a prayer meeting... but in my kitchen while I was doing the dishes.
Picture me balling my eyes out, raising my hands and praising Him. It was at my kitchen window where I was undone before the Lord, stripped bare emotionally, humbled and overwhelmed by how much He loves me and my family (He loves you that much too, I promise). It's no longer just in my head... but I am now getting a small glimpse into how vast His love is for us.
Ephesians 3:14-19 (NLT)
"When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God."
We have been blessed by people giving to help us...
There is one that is dear to my heart (well you are all dear to my heart), but one that I just share something so special with . You know who you are... I am sure you got a little heart twitter! This special person sent me a dear card... saying this is for you to spend on yourself. I know you probably won't do it, but know that I send this not because of any other reason except for that I love you. (Which by the way... I LOVE YOU TOO, and wish I could wrap my arms around your neck and give you a big wet smooch!)
God is so involved with our lives that he Knows our greatest need, and our smallest need. Due to two children within a year of each other my body has gone through some stuff. I had lost some of it... but still not into my pre-Lilly and Zach clothing. All that to say I had two pairs of jeans I was down to. One given to my by my 3 or 4th cousin... the lovely Jessica (Thanks, you rock)... and the other my favorite pair I have had for a long time. I have worn these jeans to pieces... I was putting something away in a cabinet and on the way down... I have one foot on the stool and the other reaching for the floor (ladies you are going to love this) they split... and not just a tiny split... they had been so worn out that they split almost to the knees!
Lady knows how to wear her jeans out!
He knows! He knew how much I loved those jeans, and how upset I was that they were now laid to rest... that He prompted that one person to send me something in the mail... specifically for me. He knew that I was going to rip my favorite pair of jeans... He knew that had it been a check I would have put it straight into the bank... He knew what I needed.
So down to one pair of jeans, that I like... but aren't my Favorite! He provided for even that... the smallest thing that I was upset about.
Yet, He still has provided for things like our mortgage... the BIG things.
So this Christmas season, remember...
Remember that He is not only the baby in the manger.
He is not only the Savior of the world.
He is also ...
Jehova-Jira "my provider"
side note: I did use the money for myself, which I don't usually do. I got two new pair of jeans, and a couple shirts. I found an amazing deal at Ross... found a pair of "Lucky" jeans. I had no clue what they were by the way, they are pretty expensive jeans... and I got them for can you say CHEAP. They were in my size, which is rare, and they are now my new favorite jeans (thanks to you). Lucky jeans come with a tag on them that describe the person that wears the type of jean. I couldn't believe it... Is this my personality or what?
Classic Rider
midrise * easy fit * bootleg
She is dynamic and passionate about everything she does. She is a born leader. The mid rise, slightly relaxed fit, bootleg of these jeans always keep her looking great (I hope so). She works hard and plays hard... she's an iconic beauty ( that's in the eye of the beholder... and my Lord)
Jehova-Jira "my provider"
In All circumstances (even down to jeans)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im SOOOOO happy you spent it on yourself!!!! You go girl! Every girl needs a good pair of jeans and you sure got a good pair (Lucky jeans are great!).

Love ya babe. You'll be getting Tessa's Christmas card as soon as I get them in the mail!

Jill Richardson said...

Dear Kristy,
God inhabits the praises of His people. Jesus is pleased with you Kristy! Your post touched my heart.
I pray you and your family has a blessed Christmas.

When you have time, try googling,
"Neuroassist" or Neuroreplete.
I have tried these with my girls and have found success.
Love,
Jill

Shak Family said...

You just made me smile! Love that you found some jeans!