Well we have made it up to VA for Christmas, all thanks and Praise go to our Savior Jesus Christ for providing the means in doing so. With each passing year the kids get more and more excited to be here because they know it means spending time with G-ma B and G-pa T, whom they grow to love more and more.
My heart bursts with love and is overjoyed seeing them with their other set of grandparents because they don't get this often. This time of year is so incredibly special... there is just something so different about Christmas time. Yes it's the lights, and the beauty in all the decorations, but there is a warm feeling that surrounds this time of year (despite the cold weather). Maybe it's the fact that this is the time of year that our Savior God, put on flesh and was born of a lowly birth in all it's splendor. I can't help but be so grateful that I serve a living and active God who we can celebrate at this time (and throughout the rest of the year as well).
The gift wrapping and un-wrapping is fun... yes. The best part is just being with family, hearing the laughter and pitter-patter of little feet running around. Spending time with the ones that you love... there is something so special about that.
I know for many, including my grandmother (Gigi), it is a hard time of year. Remembering the loss of loved ones (Pop's her husband) and making through yet another year without them has got to be the hardest thing to do. I can't imagine being my Scott around this time of year... Although I am quickly reminded that yes we all miss him (Pop's), but Praise Jesus he is home... peaceful... no longer in any pain... Praising the Lord who we celebrate this time of year. How awesome to think that right as we are here on earth celebrating Jesus' birthday... Pop's is up there celebrating with HIM! As of this afternoon we got a phone call that another family member on Scott's side has passed away today. So please all that read this send your prayers up to HIS throne on behalf of the Tennyson family... for comfort, peace, and that those who don't know Jesus as their Lord and Savior to come to know Him through these difficult circumstances.
One more huge prayer request is for my father-in-law. He is a man of integrity, who has nothing short of an incredible servants heart, and is willing to drop what he is doing to help just about anyone. This humbled man has suffered a lot in his life time... at the young age of 42 he suffered from a tumor bursting (Acoustic Neuroma) at the base of his brain that caused a lot of lasting damage. He no longer has an equilibrium, so he doesn't have a sense of balance. Even through all of this he has overcome, pushed through and come out a much more able person that what he should have been. As we were sitting around the dinner table late last night talking... we had shared about the different circumstances that have been going on in our lives mainly affecting this last year. I shared with the family more about the depression and all that I have been going through which lead into another talk. There have been so many things that have caused complications with my father-in-law since his tumor bursting many years ago... well this causes him to have lots of doctors appts. and this last time he had been complaining about a couple things that lead the docs to do some extra testing. We are sad to say that on top of all he has had to endure, he has now found out he has prostate cancer. He just found this news out on Tuesday. He is a man that is one to hold things in, and so didn't really want to even tell us, but I got permission from him to ask for prayer. He is very optimistic and he is a fighter, so he thinks that things will be fine and well. What we do know is the doctor was going on vacation and wants to see him the day that he gets back... what that means we don't know. We do know that we need to cover him (Tommy) in prayer, we need for my father-in-law to feel God's love encompassing him, he needs to feel all our support, and he needs to feel how closely the Lord walks with him, even through the hard times. I pray that his faith will grow in the Lord, that he will lean on Jesus for comfort and strength. As January 11th approaches please be praying... he meets with the doctor on that day, I guess to talk more about what they will do, what stage he is at, and where to go from there. I am praying that the Lord will be glorified even through these tough times in our lives... that HE will bring those to His side that need HIM so greatly. I pray that my mother-in-law (I love you very much) will find strength in the Almighty God that we (her children) serve. I pray that she will be such comfort and support and love to her husband that he can't do anything but praise the Lord for her selfless outpouring of love into his life. They both have endured so much... they are strong people... I pray that the Lord's hand would rest on them, comfort them... and hold them close to HIS side through these days ahead.
I will update as soon as I know more... but please keep all of us in prayer as we continue to process all of this news. There is so much to celebrate with the birth of our heavenly King, but there is also so much to mourn during this season as well.
Lord Jesus, I pray that you would be so close to each person that is broken and hurting through this season that is such a joy to so many.... allow those who are only experiencing joy to take a moment to remember those that are hurting, please place someone on their hearts to pray for and reach out to. As we stand in lines and people cut us off, are grouchy, and rude... let us all take into account that they could be suffering from loss and pain. So may we remember to send up a quick prayer for even those in front of us we don't know by name. Jesus, in Psalm 147:3 you state "I heal the broken hearted and bind up their wounds." Lord Jesus... bind wounds tonight... heal broken hearts tonight... be close to those that are hurting. Lord we love you and give you all the praise for we aren't promised our next breath... so may we praise you with every breath that we have left on this earth.
~Amen~


0 comments:
Post a Comment