Ok This last week was a great week. We had the opportunity to be with all of my sisters and their families... 4 Couples(including my parents) and 9 children... only three were 8 and older. The rest of the kids are under 4.
WOW!
Can you say CHAOTIC, LOUD, and CRAZY!
It was a blast, the kids all did amazing together and just love each other to pieces. IT is so great to see cousins that get along so well and are so close. I pray that this closeness continues through all of their lives, because it is such a great gift.
The older boys played together, and most of the time they were MIA... so not too many pictures of them together... but believe me they were together ALL the time. I am surprised they didn't go to the bathroom together! HA! (the little ones all tried to do that... how do you explain to a child that they need privacy when all they want is to be with their cousins non-stop?)
Family time was precious, I wish we had more time together to spend with each other... but in this season it's lots of nap times and having to watch the little ones to make sure they don't get into trouble or hurt. So intimate, sister time is very limited.
ONE DAY WE WILL HAVE THAT TIME!
All the younger grandkids making a watercolor mask, while the older boys were out fishing.
This was the "man cave" for a bit.The guys were ready for a break from all the girl talk and children!
Mimi and Poppie with the 4 smallest ones... I don't know where will was for this picture because these kids didn't leave each others side.
Lilly and NateWe did Christmas and Thanksgiving... hence the combo of Christ-Giving. I think that is a good one... Christ is the center and the focus of Thanksgiving and Christmas for our family, so why not call it Christ-Giving? I kinda like that name! For one, that is essentially what Christ came to do... to give... give of HIMSELF for us. We truly are blessed to be a whole family that knows the Lord intimately, that has a close and real relationship with our maker. That is the greatest gift that I could ever ask for, and I am forever grateful for that gift.

8 out of 9 grandkids... Nate was being held... this was our Christmas night together before opening gifts.

All the kids decorated the tree together... I thought that would be a nice tradition to start when we are together for Christ-Giving every other year (where ever we are).
There are so many pictures I have of the family (not many of the adults) but I can only put so many on the blog... (Sa and Jen, I am burning a CD for you guys so don't worry).

3 comments:
Plus adults pictures aren't near as cute ;o} lol
Looks like you had a grea time.
Dear Christy,
The pictures of your family are precious! I especially enjoyed the one with the beautiful grandmother and handsome grandfather.
What a clever name for your celebration: "Christ-Giving."
Hope you have a Merry Christmas.
Love,
Jill
Mimi and Poppie look really young!
Post a Comment