Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Be Still My Heart

I love the days when there is nothing planned on the schedule, and daddy is home.

This day in particular was a great one (the majority of our days are great), even though we didn't have anything planned a lot was done. We went from reading for about an hour with the kids, to coloring, to playing outside.


I don't know about you, but when kids play with their daddy it melts my heart. It tugs in such a way, that I HAVE to get the camera out. These are memories that will never be erased, that one day when we are old and gray we can take out and look back on and remember. We can pass these pictures on the grandkids one day and say... we used to have a lot of fun in our house... I pray that we will be able to do the same with our grandkids one day... get down on the ground and roll around with them.


There is something so sweet about the sounds that fill the air when playing with daddy... laughter, giggles, squeals, grunts, it's pure joy. If I could only bottle up those sounds and keep them for when the children are grown and have families of their own, it would be so great. Or for the days when I just can't seem to pull things together, and I am down in the dumps... just to open the bottle would bring pure joy to my face and my heart.


Take time and experience this joy with your children today, it is a blessing that won't always be here.

1 comments:

Tracy said...

I have always loved those days. My kids are getting older, so those moments still come...they are just different ;O) Cherish every one! They grow up WAY too fast.