Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Tommy Update

Feb. 3rd has come and gone quickly.

We found out from my in-laws that Tommy has less than two years to live.

This type of cancer is one that you cannot get rid of, so it is treated a little bit differently than other cancers. He will be starting chemo on the 18th of this month, and from what the doctors say, the chemo will help him handle to pain better. The dosing of the chemo is a low one, just to keep the cells from growing and spreading uncontrollably. As of right now, my FIL will take a round of chemo and see how he feels after it, if it makes him really sick he may opt to not take it any more. I fully understand that especially when he doesn't have much time left, why would you want that time to be filled with sickness on top of everything else.

My prayer still remains to be a BIG one. I will not back down, I won't not be myself... my GOD is bigger than this cancer... and HE can still work miracles. Now, a miracle can present itself in many different ways... I can't wait to see what God is going to do. It could be that he allows us to enjoy my FIL for an extra year, or it could be a complete healing here on earth... who knows. I just know that the Lord calls us to approach His throne boldly believing HE can. I believe God, I believe.

We also ask that you pray for strength for both my mother and father in law. They have a tough road ahead of them, one that is going to be taxing... they need all the extra strength they can get. Please pray that my FIL experiences little pain. My sister had an uncle-in-law that went through the same thing, and we were informed that in the end this cancer is incredibly painful due to the fact it makes breathing very hard.

This journey was not one that we were ready for, prepared for, but we are willing to walk with the Lord through it. I know that it is through trials of all kinds that we gain perserverence, we learn to lean on the Lord more, and we grow deeper in our faith. These things I want... so we accept what the Lord has given us to deal with... joyfully?!?!?! That is hard to write... but we are called to do it... so yes... joyfully.

My mind is still trying to wrap itself around this current situation. I still can't believe this is really happening.

Keep praying... Thanks!

ps. my father is doing well... his heart checks out great... heis regaining strength with eah passing day, praise the LORD!

0 comments: