Do you ever have cravings????
hmmm... I do... all the time!
There are so many different things that I crave. Things ranging from food, to an addition onto our home so my kids can have their own rooms, to a reliable car for my husband, to a gardening service so I don't have to pull any more weeds for the rest of my life!
But, what is it that you crave the most???
incessantly, undeniably, uncontrollably, absolutely love food. Now, it must taste good, but if my palate likes it I usually go for more. I am addicted to food for sure. There is something so beautiful about a perfectly grilled steak, with the perfectly seasoned veggies, and the perfectly smooth mashed potatoes to go along with it... or a wonderfully marinated chicken that is moist even if someone over cooks it... or any dessert!hmmm... I do... all the time!
There are so many different things that I crave. Things ranging from food, to an addition onto our home so my kids can have their own rooms, to a reliable car for my husband, to a gardening service so I don't have to pull any more weeds for the rest of my life!
But, what is it that you crave the most???
So you get the point... I love food.
When I was younger it wasn't a problem because I was incredibly energetic... I was into every sport known to woman (with the exception of hockey and lacrosse). I was fit, had little to no fat on my body... and could run a mile in 7 min. and 19 seconds. I was fit.
Take a look at me now and you'd never guess that (oh if I only had a scanner I could post some pictures of when I was a gymnast, dove, swam, played volleyball, softball, and used to run) because my love for food hasn't stopped, but my incessant training has. That is not to say that I don't work out and that I sit around all the time... I just never adjusted my eating.
This has really played with my mind as I have gotten older, had kids, and just don't have the time I used to to devote to working out. The weight I have gained after having 3 kids has given me a complex, it has made me insecure about the way I look, and it has caused major depression.
After having addressed my depression... the weight is still there. Yeah I have lost a couple pounds here and there... but nothing compared to what I need to do. I have spoken at length with my husband about this... I am not one who is good with determination that actually follows through. I am hard headed, I am a go getter, but when it has come to making the right decisions regarding what I eat ... that is where I lose the battle. I will do well for the first couple days... then I give in to food because I L.O.V.E. food!
Are you like that???
If so I have the book for you. I am starting to read it.. and I am hooked. I am sure I'll be finished with it very soon, but it is one I believe is going to change the way I look at food. No, I don't believe it is going to... it already has and I only started reading today.
I can't wait to crave more of what I have been "Made to Crave" ~Lysa Terkeurst~
here's a clip of what I read this morning...
Craving: something you long for, want greatly, desire eagerly, and beg for.
Now consider this expression of craving: "How lovely is our dwelling plave, O LORD Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God" (ps. 84:1-2) Yes, we were made to crave -- long for, want greatly, desire eagerly, and beg for --- GOD. ONLY GOD.
I am so excited... I hope this revs you up too and gets you excited as well! journey through the book ... I am sure you will love it!


1 comments:
Sounds like a great book. I just might need to add that one to my list of books that I'd like to read someday.
Post a Comment