Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Monday, June 13, 2011

changes

This time of the year is always a hard one to keep up with. The summer is in fully swing, we are going to the pool almost everyday, trying to keep up with the house with three running around wanting to do their own things, doing hair, and visiting with my sister, niece and nephews. It is so much fun, but it leaves a lot to be done. I am so far behind in posting I don't know where to even start... it's a bit overwhelming!



This end of the school year leaves us (or should I say myself) a little anxious. Eli, my oldest, had his bridging ceremony (which is like a graduation) because he goes from fourth grade at the lower campus to fifth grade at the upper campus.


(Eli after crossing the bridge)

Oh I am sure there is going to be a lot of talking going on this year with all the new things he'll be coming into, and I am not so sure that I am ready for him to make this huge move yet! I still see him as my little boy walking up to the BIG red door at the lower campus ready for Kindergarten!

(Jackson and Eli)

He has made some good friendships, that I pray continue to blossom. He has one ( in the picture above) that is so dear. They both have a love for sports, have a love for learning, and a love for the Lord. I pray that these two will share together a friendship that takes them all the way through high school and past. I pray that they can be each others encouraging voice when the other is down. I pray that they will walk along side one another and hold each other accountable. I know that a lot of times when you move from lower to upper campus many things change, and a lot of times that comes with changes in friendship. I do pray that this friendship will stand the test of time!

This coming year brings about changing classes, and a new school, a new system, new teachers, a new receptionist that I don't know and who doesn't know me! How does time fly so fast? How is it that I am here already?

My prayer for Eli is that he truly shines like the stars, shines forth the brightness of Christ that lives inside of him, shines brightly for Jesus and only Jesus. I pray that he makes good decisions, even when nobody is looking his way. I pray that he loves people the way that Christ loves people, without reservation, without walls, without stigmas, without holding back. I pray that he becomes organized ( because my sweet boy, he has not organizational skills at all). I pray that he finds within him a good, hard work ethic... just like his daddy!

There is so much change that is happening here, most all for the good... it's just uncharted waters! I do pray as well that the Lord gives me the strength, courage, and direction to be the mother that I need to be for my son as he is making these changes. I pray that he feels confident enough in me to share with me his fears, thoughts, and all that is going on inside of him.



11. A growing boy
12. changes (whether we want them or not)
13. friendships that grows deep with each passing year
14. summer time lovin'
15. pool time in the A.M.
16. quiet time in the P.M.
17. HIS peace that passes ALL understanding
18. children singing HIS praises
19. the SON illuminating our lives
20. Grace

0 comments: