Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Monday, June 6, 2011

M & M's




Oh how it's been so long since I have done this. I must say that my heart flutters as I am starting this again.


Starting what you might ask???


Well I started journeying into Ann Voskamp's world about 2 years ago now. She is an amazing writer, woman of God, wife and mother. She has a way of gripping you right from the start, and pulls you into her world. One of many thanks, one of many stories, one with many children, one with many convictions... one with many blessings... one with many!!!!


I took part in Multitude Mondays for a while (which I will call M & M's)... I don't remember how many thanks I had gotten up to. This will be a day(every monday) that I will set aside and count all the blessings in my life. The goal is to get to 1,000... but I hope to surpass that.

I am going to let you in to my world for a second or two if you just bare with me. Reasons why I had stopped M & M's... well the chaos of life when your fathers (biological and father-in-law) end up in the hospital at the same time with conditions that could be life threatening and will be life threatening. My world had been turned upside down for a while, I was held captive and felt as if my life had almost been ripped right out of me.

I shut down...

I didn't know what to write about anymore...

I didn't know how to process all that was happening...

Here we are months later, and I still don't know how to process everything all at once without being totally overwhelmed... but I know that I need to start writing again, and the Lord will give me the words to write. It is an outlet for me, one that is healthy, one that allows me to be me without any interruptions (which happens all day long because of three wonderful blessings), this allows me to just let it all go.

So I start again, this time hoping not to break the M & M.



~the Gift of Gratitude~

#1. writing unhindered


#2. my heart exposed


#3. words that don't seem to come, but are there in the waiting


#4. dirty feet that are walking a hard road


#5. the freshness of a new day


#6. sisters whom I cherish beyond words


#7. a clean husband right out of the shower


#8. piles of laundry


#9. a house that has not been touched by a tornado


#10. (last but not least) My GREAT and MIGHTY GOD



0 comments: