April 18th marks a day ... a beautiful day... a day of mourning... a day of rejoicing... a day of death... and a day of new life.
Let me explain.
This morning for friends of my sister, they lost their child that was 2 weeks old. This was incredibly hard for them, it was their third child, but they knew this would more than likely happen this soon. Little Hogan was born with Trisomy 13, children that are born with this usually don't make it past 15 days, and if they do don't live past 10 yrs. old. Their story is amazing, and through it all they have been giving GOD the glory that HE is due. They were told that there is a large chance the baby wouldn't be born alive... and they were graced and blessed by Hogans life for 2 full weeks. AMAZING! As it was a beautiful day outside, they were mourning for the death of their child that they will miss so very much (they also rejoice because he went from the arms of his family into the arms of Jesus... nothing can be sweeter than that).

This morning was also a day of rejoicing and new life as well. We serve a risen savior who redeems and restores and renews life. I had the awesome privilege of taking part in doing hair for a wedding we had at church today.. during church today... part of the service.
( this was Erin watching the video of their testimony that ran right before they got married this morning... she wanted to watch it before instead of tearing up right before walking down the isle)
Let me give some background to how the Lord has redeemed this couple. They had both been living a life of denial and a life that was all about self satisfaction (much like all of us at one point as well). They were into illicit drugs and alcohol... he was a DJ and she was a single mom before she even was with Mike (just as I was a single mom before Scott and I got together... so I am not at all condemning them, just telling their story of redemption). A friend of Erin (the bride) invited her to church... this is a friend since she was 14... so they have a history together. She contemplated it for a while and finally decided to come. The first week Erin came with her daughter Tessa, and felt a sense of peace. From that day, 10 weeks ago, on she has been coming... and only one week later her fiance Mike came with her and also brought their two year old son they have together. Both Erin and Mike gave their lives over to the Lord and have been living for Jesus ever since... the felt convicted to get married... and so with the new series that we are doing "All things New"... Pastor Andrew was planning on doing the second series on relationships... which then lead into Erin and Mike's wedding.
(Erin, she made a beautiful bride)
I had the awesome privilege of doing Erin's hair and makeup... also did some touch up work on her bridesmaids as well. So I was at church this morning at 7:30... Serving the Lord by offering my time and doing hair... how awesome is that! I loved every second of it. I loved getting to know Erin more, and I loved hearing their story... the Lord has redeemed this couple.. they are now Living out LOUD for the LORD, and I just hope and pray that this spoke volumes to the friends that came to their wedding who don't know the Lord. Erin said a lot of her friends that were coming don't know the Lord and didn't even know that it was going to be a full out service as well. Awesome way to introduce people to the Love of Christ!
( Mike, ready to meet his bride... Love the grin on his face!)
It was simply beautiful, and I was so blessed by Erin. I was blessed by hearing her talk, I was blessed by hearing a woman that is now surrendered to the Lord praying for her friends. I was blessed to give back to the Lord with the gifts and talents that He has so graciously given me.
to recap the day....
Tears of sadness and tears of great joy.
Let me explain.
This morning for friends of my sister, they lost their child that was 2 weeks old. This was incredibly hard for them, it was their third child, but they knew this would more than likely happen this soon. Little Hogan was born with Trisomy 13, children that are born with this usually don't make it past 15 days, and if they do don't live past 10 yrs. old. Their story is amazing, and through it all they have been giving GOD the glory that HE is due. They were told that there is a large chance the baby wouldn't be born alive... and they were graced and blessed by Hogans life for 2 full weeks. AMAZING! As it was a beautiful day outside, they were mourning for the death of their child that they will miss so very much (they also rejoice because he went from the arms of his family into the arms of Jesus... nothing can be sweeter than that).
This morning was also a day of rejoicing and new life as well. We serve a risen savior who redeems and restores and renews life. I had the awesome privilege of taking part in doing hair for a wedding we had at church today.. during church today... part of the service.
Let me give some background to how the Lord has redeemed this couple. They had both been living a life of denial and a life that was all about self satisfaction (much like all of us at one point as well). They were into illicit drugs and alcohol... he was a DJ and she was a single mom before she even was with Mike (just as I was a single mom before Scott and I got together... so I am not at all condemning them, just telling their story of redemption). A friend of Erin (the bride) invited her to church... this is a friend since she was 14... so they have a history together. She contemplated it for a while and finally decided to come. The first week Erin came with her daughter Tessa, and felt a sense of peace. From that day, 10 weeks ago, on she has been coming... and only one week later her fiance Mike came with her and also brought their two year old son they have together. Both Erin and Mike gave their lives over to the Lord and have been living for Jesus ever since... the felt convicted to get married... and so with the new series that we are doing "All things New"... Pastor Andrew was planning on doing the second series on relationships... which then lead into Erin and Mike's wedding.
I had the awesome privilege of doing Erin's hair and makeup... also did some touch up work on her bridesmaids as well. So I was at church this morning at 7:30... Serving the Lord by offering my time and doing hair... how awesome is that! I loved every second of it. I loved getting to know Erin more, and I loved hearing their story... the Lord has redeemed this couple.. they are now Living out LOUD for the LORD, and I just hope and pray that this spoke volumes to the friends that came to their wedding who don't know the Lord. Erin said a lot of her friends that were coming don't know the Lord and didn't even know that it was going to be a full out service as well. Awesome way to introduce people to the Love of Christ!
It was simply beautiful, and I was so blessed by Erin. I was blessed by hearing her talk, I was blessed by hearing a woman that is now surrendered to the Lord praying for her friends. I was blessed to give back to the Lord with the gifts and talents that He has so graciously given me.
to recap the day....
Tears of sadness and tears of great joy.

0 comments:
Post a Comment