I am so late in getting this posted, I feel so bad!
It's been really busy around here and I feel as if time has just slipped by so quickly the last couple weeks to a month.
On Tuesday evening two weeks ago, Eli and his den had a pack meeting. (which by the way these words are all new for me... I was never a girl scout... and I didn't have brothers so no boy scouts either) Eli took part in his first awards ceremony. It was so much fun to attend, even Lilly and Zach went with us. Of course we bathed them and put them in their pj's knowing we'd get home past their bed time. They had fun too because they had drinks and cupcakes after!
Scott, my husband knows more about this stuff than I do... and he was going to write... but I am impatient and so I will write what he told me to. He said that it used to be that when you got your first badge in cub scouts, the tradition is to hold the scout upside down by the ankles. This Pack is new and this is literally their first year doing cub scouts through the school... so we didn't know if they didn't know about the tradition, maybe the school had to say no to it, or what.
The Pack didn't hold them upside down, which stinks! I was really looking forward to that part! :)
Eli was able to hold the flag/banner that they had made together for their Den... he was so excited to do that. We were so proud of him for being so well behaved through it all and for carrying the flag.
This is Eli's Den...
How Cute are these boys... they do have a small Den... but they have so much fun... and all these boys have a ton of energy... so they keep each other going full tilt the whole time.
The moose that Eli is wearing is one that his Grampa T made himself and used to wear. I think that is so special that it has been passed down... maybe Zach will wear it one day if he is interested in being a scout as well.
Look at my sweet boy... he is getting so big and is so handsome. I can't believe that he is almost done with his third grade year... Lord, can you make the sun stand still again... so we have another day with him! :)
Congrat's Eli... you have done a great job so far! We love you so much!
1 day ago

1 comments:
He looks so grown up in his uniform ;o)
We never have done the scouts...it looks like fun though. I'm giving away a pettern on my blog. Come on over and enter.
Post a Comment