Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Friday, April 23, 2010

T.P.'ing

T.P.'ing here stands for...
Tennyson's Project'ing our house , instead of Toilet Papering someones house!

May I just boast for a minute on my GOD?

Through the last year and a half HE has provided for us in so many different ways, I can't even tally all of the accounts up. I stand utterly amazed at the LORD and HIS grace that has been extended to our family... we are truly blessed.

One of those really cool provisions has been through a job Scott used to have with a company that remodeled houses, condo's and did various other jobs. Well this one job that he had done was on a 1.5 million Condo Uptown... the owners were the first ones to own the house,hadn't even lived in it for a day, and wanted to change things around. They ended up tearing out a bathroom, and the LORD provided us with the tile from that job. It is beautiful and we have dreamed of doing our bathroom in tile. How incredible is GOD? He allowed us to get the tile over others... THANKS BE TO OUR GREAT GOD!

You may think I am crazy for giving HIM props for all of this... but I know that it is only by the grace of GOD that we have what we have... so I will even give HIM props for providing us with top dollar tile for not 1 cent! AGAIN, Thank you LORD!

SO, in the past three years we have replaced our living room carpet with hardwoods; ALL our bedroom carpet with hardwoods; our kids bathroom peel and stick tile stuff with real tile (from yet another job that had broken left over pieces); painted and glazed our kitchen cabinets; kitchen floor; Oh, and can't forget about the roof (props to my husband... HE IS THE MAN... he has done all of this work himself); and now we are onto our bathroom.

Why is it that we always get to our room last?

Well here we go... this is just the beginning of changing another huge part of our house.

Before and During pictures right now... and description of what we will be doing here.

This is our bathroom... a very Happy shade of yellow... and a lighter shade of yellow for fun. Where the shower is at the moment, will end up being a walk-in closet for the whole family to put shoes and coats into. This way the mud room... will really be where ALL the shoes are left! So excited about that. The closet we use now for coats will end up being turned into a pantry, since we don't have one... and our cabinet space is becoming filled with more and more snack foods for the children!



This picture is after Scott took out the dry wall. He will be replacing it with backer board in order for us to place tiles up the walls of the soon to be shower. Scott will have to change around some plumbing stuff before the tub becomes a usable shower. (Have I told you how amazing, handsome, and handy my husband is?... Scott you blow me away, thanks babe!)

More to come in the next few days to show you the progress...

Can I also say, we LOVE projects!


1 comments:

Tracy said...

Our bedroom is yellow & the master bath too. I love it ;o) I've heard some comment that they would never want yellow...but it's my favorite room in the house. I decorated with deep reds & browns and of'couse I threw some deep gold to pull the yellow in. It's beautiful if I do say so myself (and I do) lol

I can't wait to see what the finishedproject looks like!