Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Morrow Mountain

A little background to Scott and I with these past 7 months. We had the amazing gift of going to a marriage retreat (which I strongly suggest every married couple to do at least every other year if possible), and we learned so much from those couple days away.


1. We need to be intentional in our marriage.
2. The importance to pray together and for each other... even if before going to bed you ask the Lord to bless your spouse and that's it.
3. How to study scripture through Lectio Devina.

There were many other things we learned, but those stick out the most. The intentional part, Scott and I both do every week now. We have missed I think 2 weeks because of crazy schedules, but have been following through with it.

IT...

...is the Love Jar.


We have a small, clear jar that Scott and I place 5 pieces of paper into. I write 5 things that would speak love to me, and he writes 5 things that would speak love to him... and on whatever day you choose to pull from the jar... the husband pulls one of the wife's papers and vice versa (you do this once a week). This Love Jar has proved to be awesome for us.

In the midst of 3 children, working part time, and Scott starting a business... it's east to forget to do for each other. The Love Jar has proved to be a reminder to us, to keep our spouse in the forefront of our minds, and remain connected to one another.

This week, I pulled for Scott, sing to me. I never thought in my wildest dreams that me singing to him would make him feel loved. That was a lot of fun for me to do... I would just burst into song almost every day... not necessarily a mushy love song... or even a full song... but funny ones... meaningful ones, and just plain silly ones!

Scott, he pulled for me... take our family camping... and he did. It was a blast!

This was our first time going camping together, and our two smallest first time camping.



We had so much fun. Making memories together, laughing, giggling, roasting marshmallows, doing devotionals at a picnic table under a kerosene lantern. We will be doing it again, for a longer period of time, and we will be in tents again!



Now if you look closely, a Big tent and a small tent. Guess who had what tent?????



The kids got the big tent... and I tell you it was great to hear them as they were trying to get to sleep... they were too cute laughing and giggling away.



On the other hand, Scott and I had the small tent. OK, we fit... OK we couldn't roll away from each other (and he adds that a mistake we made was getting a larger bed at home)... I am all for sleeping in tents and roughing it... but when a tent is brushing up against my head and feet all night long... it's just not a good thing. I didn't get a lot of sleep, so as you can guess, I was an angel in the morning!!!! Next time we go as a family... I think we'll put the two boys in the small tent and Lilly can sleep in the big tent with us... Otherwise we'll have to buy a third tent that is at least a four man tent, so my head won't be brushing against the side of it all night! (seriously, it was a lot of fun... and it was very cozy being in my loves arms all night.. so I am not trying to complain at all!!!!!)

The morning that I was a complete angel, we had coffee (praise the Lord) and made eggs for breakfast. Then to top off breakfast I roasted marshmallows for the kids, I thought it was a memory making weekend! Zach, turned them down... Lilly ate some... and Eli just about stuffed his whole belly up with them!

It was a perfect morning, the air was crisp and cool, and the kids were still tired so they wanted to cuddle with mommy!

After our lazy morning we walked a short trail that wound up part of the mountain and back down along the river bank. It was truly beautiful to walk through all of God's creation and marvel at his handiwork.

...From the breathtaking views...






... to the writing spider....

... to my children...


All HIS wonderful creation!
Who am I Lord, that I am so blessed?
Thank YOU for lavishing your love on me,
through your creation,
through my husband,
through my children,
I am blessed!

0 comments: