What a week this has been. It has been so much fun because my best friend Wendy is back home in the states. She and her family moved to South Africa a year ago... and had thought they'd be there for 2-3 yrs. The Lord had different plans! About a month ago they had the opportunity to interview with a different company that is based out of DC... needless to say they got the job and within three weeks packed up their belongings and came back to the states. I must say that I was so excited, because I have been somewhat selfish in wanting them back on this side of the world so we could talk and see each other! They are here in Charlotte for a couple weeks and then headed to DC... so I am taking all the chances that I have to spend time with her and the kiddos!
Lilly and Jadon have picked up right where they left off a year ago... holding each others hands, giggling, and playing so well together. This time around Lilly is about a head taller than Jadon, but that won't stay that way for long... he's a growin' boy!
Sweet Carleigh, she has grown so much since I last saw her face to face. She was a 2 1/2 month old baby last I held her... and now she is 15 months old. She is too cute, and just a little thing. Zach loves her, he thinks that she is a baby... and talks about his baby Carleigh! Maybe we have two marriages to arrange here!
We took a midday trip to Andrew Jackson State Park (where Scott and I got married), because it is so well shaded and on the Hot NC summer days you need the shade. We took a picnic lunch and the kids just had a blast while the mommies talked and laughed together.
(If you are wondering where Zach was during out lunch... he was in the bathroom right next to us ... pooping in his underwear instead of the toilet... at least he had the right room!)
(If you are wondering where Zach was during out lunch... he was in the bathroom right next to us ... pooping in his underwear instead of the toilet... at least he had the right room!)
So that is what I have been up to... spending time with Wendy, the kids, and catching up.
Love you guys... so glad you are home with us for a couple weeks.

0 comments:
Post a Comment