I guess we'll start with what we just came back from. My family went to the Asheville area for my cousins wedding. it was a beautiful weekend, my family had overbooked houses so they asked if we wanted to stay closer to the wedding site (which was truly a blessing). The place was beautiful, called Bear Lake Reserve. Perfect weekend for a wedding and perfect weekend for canoeing! It was such a blast!
When we first got there we drove up to the place we were staying, and it was breathtaking. The house was set HIGH up on the mountain side... so our cars barely made it up there... they were struggling big time! ha! A couple times we thought the car was just going to roll back down the mountain!
Friday night we went to the Ladyhawke Castle, where Jessica and Alan were getting married, for the rehearsal dinner. Lilly loved the fact that she was in a 'real' castle, and the whole night was looking for the princess! The bride to be (Jess) was gorgeous as usual... and Alan, well he was ready to get a move on with things! Isn't that how it always is?
The grooms cake was unreal (as soon as I saw it I thought of my bro-in-law Josh, he loves fishing)... I have never seen a cake done so well before.
The morning of the wedding was lazy, we didn't get out until around 10:45... we got up to the Bear Lake Reserve Club House around 11 and then took out some canoes with Mimi, Poppie and the rest of the family. It was so awesome... the view was picturesque and to be in the midst of the Lord's creation was revitalizing, overwhelming, and just refreshing. How can people look at the beauty of the mountains, trees, and the turning leaves and not believe in the CREATOR? HIS creation sings HIS praises.
Then the wedding was great! I can't even think of the words for the flower arrangements and decor throughout the house and the grounds. They used vibrant colors... Green apples all over the place, Gerber daisies throughout (which reminded me of my sister Sa... that is her favorite flower) with tool draped across all the fencing... just beautiful.
Lilly and Princess Jessica.
She really thinks that every woman that gets married, because she has a wedding dress on, is a true princess!
The evening was so much fun, as we danced and got to spend some time with Oma, Opa and Sharon. I was so excited that I got to take a picture with Sharonie... she turned 32 just two days after the wedding... she looked beautiful (and we just so happened to have the same color dress).
And I tell you what... my husband was the best lookin' man there! He is the apple of my eye... Scott doesn't complete me (the Lord does) but man he comes pretty stinkin' close! :O)
I keep having to ask myself ' how did you ever land this one?' The Lord truly has blessed me with a man that is not only a hottie, but also a sweet, gentle man that is so tender and loving, funny and goofy... he's the perfect mix of all things (although he doesn't have a serious bone in his body) .

0 comments:
Post a Comment