Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Birthday Time

Three Years ago, September 30th 4pm.
Contractions started very slowly.
Scott and I called my parents over to stay with the kids so we could go for a walk.
We stopped at our friends house down the street... they were very nervous that I was going to have the baby while I was there... or that my water was going to break!
8pm... still contracting, closer together... but wanted to wait a little longer to make sure I would go to the hospital and not come home.
9pm... we went to the hospital.
Contractions were registering on the monitor, I just wasn't dialating.
12pm... going home from the hospital, with major contractions.
Contactions that kept me from getting dressed... I had to stop and wait until the contraction was over.
3am... still awake, sitting on the ball and rocking back and forth.
3:05... can't sit anymore... having to brace myself up against the wall.
(at this time I wasn't wanting to wake Scott up until I was totally not able to handle them anymore)
3:07... woke Scott up and called Mom to come and stay at the house with the kids.
3:10... Scott is awake and I am about to pull his hair out because the contractions were so stinkin' hard!
3:20... Mom arrives, Scott and I are waiting (he is in the car, I am pacing not able to sit)
3:30... at the hospital and the nurses put me straight into a room.
"We knew you would be back so we already had you ready for admittance so you wouldn't have to go to triage again."
(that was the best news ever)
5:55am... nurses broke my water.
I went from 7 sonometers to 10 immediately.
His heart rate went down... I was turned on my side and told to stay like that until the Doctor came.
6am the Doctor came in and 6:05, with three pushes our Zacheriah was born.
October 1st, 6:05 am, 7lbs 3 0z... and 3 1/2 wks early!

To this day my boy is still an early riser!


tools were on the list for gifts... he is always following Scott around with one of his good tools... so it was time for Zach's own set!




all Zach kept asking for was a digger cake...
well I did my best!
Got a cookie cake, decorated with making different colored icing,
and placed some of his toys on top... he didn't even know the difference!



Zach-a-boo
We love you dearly.
You are truly a gift from the Lord and we thank HIM every day for you
(even when you throw fits and give us a hard time).
We pray that you come to know the Lord at an early age,
and grow to love HIM fiercely.
We pray that you would always stand up for what is right,
and always defend your faith.
We pray that you would grow into a respectful young man,
and that you follow HIS will for your life.
Stay sweet and cuddly!
Love Dad and Mom

0 comments: