Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Two, Dos, Deuce....

OK...
Two years ago marks a momentous day in our lives...
October 1, 2007.
The day that Zacheriah Thomas Tennyson was born.
It was 6:05 in the morning
(mama wasn't a happy camper... I am not a morning person).
He was 7lbs. and 30z.,
and a whopping 20 3/4 in long.
He was our tinniest baby... he looked like a skinny nothing to me!
But, we loved him anyway!
This day marked a day that is not matched by any other...
The day we became parents to 2 babies in 1 year.
Zach is exactly 12 months and 2 weeks younger than his sister.
Crazy, yes!
Change it, NOPE!


It has been a roller coaster... with it's ups and downs.
But it has been blessed through and through with the Lord's faithfulness...
With the Lord's provision...
and with the Lord's grace and mercy.
We thank the Lord every day for our family and for the time we spend with each other.
Without Zach we wouldn't be a family... so here's to our Two year old!



Zach, mommy and daddy love you very much. We want to be the best parents we can be through following the Lord, and seeking His wisdom and guidance. We want for you to live a life that makes a difference for GOD. We want for you to grow up knowing who your maker is, and what your purpose is ... and that is to bring HIM glory! We pray you come to know Jesus as your Lord and Savior at an early age. That you would follow hard after Him, and be a leader for Him. We pray that you will become a man that is not shaken easily, or swayed by others opinions... but that you would stand up in the truth. Zach, the Lord has great plans for your life, and daddy and I can't wait to see who the Lord molds you into!


Happy Birthday Doodlebugs!

4 comments:

dawn said...

happy birthday to your little man! he is so cute and his face has changed so much since i saw him last!

enjoy celebrating!!! {josh's birthday is today too!!}

sarah said...

happy birthday. will call tomorrow. busy crazy day today. love you. hope you had a great day with your baby boy!

Jeanie said...

Christy this is beautiful : )
HAPPY Birthday Zach : )

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Zack!! Aunt Jen loves you and hope you liked your Birthday present even though I didn't call!! I'm sorry Christy, I've been bad this year in calling!! Love you all and I'm sure he enjoyed his day!!