So here we are, it's been about 2 months or so since we have done a project.
(which by the way the cabinets are still not totally done because I haven't perfected the top layer yet)
Scott and I said we were going to take a break from projects because they consume so much time, and take a lot of time away from the kids. Well Scott hasn't had a ton of work lately, and the other day he said to me...
"I don't know what to do with myself when I am home during the day"
**insert my thoughts in a bubble over my head**
( laundry, dishes, straightening up, dusting, decluttering, putting toys away.)
"What about doing the kids bathroom with the tile that you had gotten from a job?"
(I don't know that he was too excited that I had reminded him we did actually have something we could do. Plus he and I said that we weren't going to be doing any projects for a long time, huh like that ever happens when you own a house! By the time we are done with this house... it's going to be totally new on the inside... we are almost there!)

(before)
Well... we are now in the midst of tiling and painting the kids bathroom. Actually, the painting Scott and I finished yesterday... and we only started on this project yesterday. The tiling we started on today... I did the top part by the tub and where the toilet would be, and as I am blogging right now Scott is finishing up the rest of it.

I am so totally excited, it looks so great. I love doing projects and making things look new and fresh. I can't wait until we can do ours... but I must say that is going to be a huge undertaking. I think that will take us about a week, since this is our first time doing any type of tiling. In the kids bathroom we are doing more of a mosaic style... not using spacers so the lines will be all different.

Tomorrow night, we'll be grouting .... YEAH! It will be all done by the weekend!
WAAHOO!

1 comments:
Can't wait to see the finished product!!!
Post a Comment