Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Last Day in October

October 31st.... Halloween.... Have fun getting dressed up and getting free candy night!


Well this year we were going to do a fall festival instead of going through the neighborhood. There are just so many houses in here that over do it with the zombies, skeletons , scarey music and all... but My Zach man was tremendously sick. So we opted to do the whole walk through the neighborhood once more (that is Daddy took Eli and Lilly). He is such a sport... and my heart was so torn. I wanted to be with my two kiddos having fun and getting candy, but I wanted to be there for my lil' man who was beside himself tonight. SO as any mom would do, I stayed with the one that I thought needed me the most.


Within about 5 minutes I hear Daddy and Lilly return to the house...


"What's up guys?" Lilly had enough already and was scared.


So Scott turned back around to head out again with Eli, only to return to the house within about 10 minutes.


"Guys what happened?"


Eli had gotten scared from a costume he had seen... some dude out wearing a necklace chain of some sort that was glow-in-the-dark with a skeleton head hanging from it. Not only that, but to follow suit of this kind of evening, the dude pulled a mask over his face and tried to really scare Eli.


Eli just isn't into the scarey stuff, I am totally ok with that! I was bummed that he didn't get all the candy he set out to get, but at the same time I was so relieved. Eli is getting the fact that Halloween isn't all fun and games, it is based out of satanic, witchcrafty stuff.

I did remind Eli of a couple verses

2 Tim. 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline." ~NLT

Romans 8:15 "So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God's spirit when he adopted you as His own children. Now we call Him "Abba, Father."

I think Eli has a healthy fear of what is out there... things that we are not, and should not be comfortable with. But I also want him to understand where we stand as believers... that we have a spirit within us... God's spirit... the Holy Spirit... and that is so much greater than any other spirit... and God's spirit will overcome anything and everything! AMEN?

Therefore, the kids had a blast dressing up...





Eli was Prince Caspian from the Narnia series.


Lilly was a Tap Dancer (with the shoes and all).

I wish Zach could have been a part of it all... but He was so sick he was just zonked out half the time in his bed and the other half the time on mommy.



Next year we are going to have a blast, as a whole family, well... at a fall festival. THis way the kids will have fun getting candy, but also doing fun games and having fun on rides!

3 comments:

sarah said...

awww, they looked so cute. glad they went home though. and lilly's earings are cute on her.

Jeanie said...

: (
We too are steering more and more away from it. We got to our Church's fall fest, then just around our block is all. That pic of the lil guy...is that a body pillow or some sort of so-sleeper device? I have seen one like that and thought how neat : )

Jen said...

We always do the fall festival thing!! This year they were all so early because it was on a Saturday so Shaun decided to take our boys trick or treating for the first time since the fall festival ended early, I wasn't thrilled with this but they had a blast. Thankfully they weren't scared. She got scared from one kid that had a terrible mask who came to our door, and again we never hand out candy because we are at fall festival's. We did and Lauren was scared. We are sticking to Fall Festival's as well!!