We had the wonderful privilege of going to a house on Lake James for a week with our family (thanks to the Barnes Family for that). It was so much fun, the kids didn't stop for a minute while we were there. All the cousins together makes it very loud and lots of fun. There were games everywhere, wading in the water by the dock, multiple tube rides, water skiing, fishing, and lots of meals at the very large table(in the picture above).
I thank the Lord that we have been blessed with such an amazing family. When we get together it is always a great time, we really love each other. Now, that is not to say that there aren't any fights or tiffs or "that's mine" stuff going on, there is. The great thing about our family is we work through those rough times. I know that it is very easy to push things under the rug, not address hardships, disputes, whatever you want to call it, but when there is confrontation in love... only good things come from it. Initially there is some hurt, things said that you just didn't want to hear, but all in all... it brings our family closer and helps us to understand one another more fully.
So what we don't all parent the same... it's ok! So what boundaries for one isn't the same for the other... we choose to look past those things, knowing that in the end... they are small things and we don't need to sweat the small things in life.
In the end we come out better people having lived together for a week because trials of many kinds creates perseverance. I choose to love despite differences, what do you choose? I choose to respect others, what do you choose? I choose to try to see it from the other side, what do you choose?
I know that the Lord hasn't made this life easy for us, and that I am truly thankful for. I am thankful for the hard times because it molds us into the very being of who we are. It teaches us how to deal with all different circumstances. I thank you Lord .
I Thank the Lord for my sisters. I love them both so dearly, and want a relationship that grows deeper and deeper with each other throughout each passing year. I thank the Lord that all three of us can laugh together, have fun playing games together (Jen, wish you could have been there to play scategories with us... it was so much fun... we missed having you there for that), learning from each other, and loving one another. I have to say that I have the greatest sister in the whole wide world!
I thank the Lord for my parents... they are "da beist". It humbles me every time I spend time with them... they are so devoted to one another and most importantly to each other. They are a great representation of what a great marriage should look like. Still in love after all these many years, many children, and many grandchildren. What an amazing heritage that they have passed down to each one of us girls, sons-in-law, and grandkids.
As I look back on last week, I just Praise the Lord. He made this all possible through His humble servants by allowing us to use this house. I knew I would take many pictures... and that I did... I went through two memory cards... but I'll only post a couple here. I love to capture memories through pictures, it brings great joy to my heart.
We Had a great time celebrating Caleb's 12th birthday while we were at the Lake. It isn't often that we are actually together (all of us) for any birthday, so that was such a blessing. Caleb is turning into a wonderful young man. The boys truly have the best times together... they are crazy silly.
Zach found a walking stick when we were trailblazing! He really wanted to pick up every stick in his vision... but we had to put the kaibosh on that!
My dear Eli... He is getting so big. This was his vacation before going back to school... Eli starts Wednesday (which is tomorrow). We are really excited for his fourth grade year... pray with us that he is fully challenged in all aspects.
Lilly girl... she loves dresses and water... I didn't think she'd get all the way in with her favorite twirling dress, but she did! Always new surprises with this girl!

0 comments:
Post a Comment