Let me start out by saying that when you have three children, it is not at all a walk in the park when you are trying to have them all smile for Easter pictures! That was the hardest thing... and because I don't have an SLR camera... by the time I snap the picture their smiles have come and gone, and the fingers are in the mouth! ha! I think I got a couple cute ones.... I just had to do it in our yard because the grass is SO GREEN because of all the rain we have had. Looking at the pictures (I know I say this all the time... but it's true) makes me somewhat sad because they are getting to big! I do love watching each one change, and become their own person... but it's hard at the same time because my children are growing up... I don't have any more babies! Although, Zach definitely acts like the baby! Still not saying many words, he just likes to whine... and it drives me batty! I am ready for a play therapist for him so he can start communicating... I try repeating things for him so he can get it, I wonder if he is just choosing not to say words or if he truly doesn't get it.

I know, I want to do the same thing you do... pull the right side of Lil's dress down!
My handsome son
Mr. Man... my Ziti!Resurrection Day was awesome... we started the morning out with an Easter basket for the kids before Scott went to practice and play at church...
Eli got... a pair of flip-flops, 2 word search puzzle books, bubbles, bazooka gum pack, chocolate bunny, and a packet of cards... crazy eights and memory.
Lilly got... a pair of flip-flops, a coloring book and crayons, 2 small chocolate bunnies, a packet of cards,and bubbles
Zach got, a pair of flip-flops... I love the dollar store!
church was challenging and blessed us beyond words. We were blessed by a song sung by our friend Trevor, that was really sweet. He actually stepped down from worship pastor a year ago... it was a year to the exact day, that he had lead worship at church. It is so amazing to see how far the Lord can bring you in a year, how the Lord can heal major hurts ... it reminds me of verse 3 of Psalm 149 ' He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.' Scott and I are equally as excited about Trevor starting to be involved in worship again here at theGathering... Thanks Trev for leading us yesterday... The Lord moved through you! At church while Pastor Derwin was preachin' they had a graffiti artist Painting a picture that represented LIFE... It was really neat and very relevant to the sermon. We had a great turn out and I hope that there were lives that were given to Christ through it... Pastor challenged all who didn't know the Lord to come... 2 accepted the Lord, and 1 indicated they want to be baptised... Praise the Lord!
After church, we all went back to mom and dads for Resurrection Lunch and an Easter egg hunt. We had a blast with Deigo and Lidiane (Ligiani), they are such a sweet couple. Eli has taken to them, just as he did to Carolina and Gustavo (the couple that stayed with my parents last year). I think that Li and Diego have also taken to our three... it's so much fun to hang with them and see them interact with the children. I love how Latin cultures are so loving and embrace children as their own, even when they don't have their own children yet. That is so different from American families... we have been blessed by those two already... I am excited for that friendship to grow.
Scott scoopin' the ice cream after our lasagna and broccoli lunch... he loves ice cream!Look at the cute couple! Smoochy , smoochy!

Deigo, Lidiane, Mom and Dad
After all the festivites, Scott managed to sneak away and get a nap in... he was down for 2 hours!
Finally Lilly had to go wake her daddy up... sleep time was over!


Mimi and Lilly enjoying some chocolate together on the front stoop.



3 comments:
Looks like you had a great day...love that dress ;o}~too cute!
I learned how to make bloomers! I will have to email you the pattern...it's super easy to follow.
LOVE the dress!!! I want one (for me)...hehe!
It looks like you had a great Easter!
Looks like you all had a great time!
Post a Comment