Wow, when I looked at the last time I posted.... it reminded me of what not only my weekend was like, but my week... it was WILD! I have been nothing but busy these last few weeks (seems like years). I had a lot of appts... from doc visits, hair, and meetings... it's been busy! Then we had Lidiane and Diego stay with us from Thursday night through Monday morning because my older sister (Jen) came down with her family for the Eagles home opener. We loved hosting Lediane and Diego, but we stayed up way past our bedtime with them! It wasn't a bad thing, it just takes me a while to readjust to my normal sleep patterns. I am one that needs sleep, otherwise my body just doesn't like to function at all! The cousins thoroughly enjoyed each other... Eli, Caleb and Josh were in seperable... Lilly and Lauren were as well, those two walked around everywhere holding each others hand. We all went to the Eagles first game and man it was a hot one! The Eagles ties 2-2 with Wilmington, but the hammerheads played dirty as they always have against us Eagles. NO serious injuries, at least none that we know of yet. After the game Scott and I hosted an ANZI's dinner at our house... we had a total of 21 people at our house! Oh My word, for our little house, it hosted pretty well. The kids stayed outside for the most part... the little ones stayed in the back swinging and roaming around! Lilly and Lauren could swing for days together! It was so cute to see them together, great memories!

( the girls swinging... and Rachel pushing Lilly... she is my cousin that I don't get to see very often! Every shot I got of her and her sister Rebecca was from behind... they always turned at the last second when I was snapping pictures!)

They also had to take a bath together... Lilly was getting ready to have a bath and she said "Lauren take bath too?" and Lauren chimmed in "Mom, I want to take a bath with Lilly." So they both got a bath, and then they were put into jammies as well. I found the closest set of pajamas for them to wear... otherwise I could just see it " I want pink jammies like Lauren, I want blue jammies like Lilly" so I found these... I thought this was too cute! Again they are swinging together... this time on our porch swing just after bathtime.
Anyway, the Grove family came for dinner that night. Lynn and Carl Grove had a tragic accident happen last June to their son Hunter... it was a boating accident, and Hunter was not expected to make it through the night. Little did the doctors know they were dealing with a child of the Lord... who not only was going to make it through the night, but was going to have an outstanding recovery! Hunter endured a major blow to his head that was supposed to leave him basically crippled and brain dead for life... nope... not Hunter. He and his parents were determined to make leaps and bounds of progress, and that is just what they did. Hunter walks and talks on his own, his short term memory is not that great, but the family are all helping him regain that strength. He is such a sweet boy, and a bundle of joy! This kid is always smiling and it lights up the room. I couldn't help myself but take a ton of pictures of him. He radiates the Love of the Lord!

Look at that sweet face... you just want to eat it up!

From Left to Right... Deigo, Hunter, and my Dad. Three very good looking young men!

Hunter just listening to the guys talking!
The boys played nintendo for a little bit, so they all sat around and watched! Not my favorite thing for my kids to do, but at least 3 of them were able to play all at once!

The Gang (older kids and some adults) stayed in the front yard playing soccer for most of the evening.... they all had a blast and were absolutely so very worn out by the end of the evening.

Eyes on the prize guys... (sorry the picture is so dark... the sun was going down)

Look at all the action... the girl in the pink is Rebecca... my other cousin... going for the ball!
This Picture is Jen (my sis) and Lynn(Hunters mom) listening to my father talk... I don't remember what it was about... but it was pretty interesting by the looks on both their faces!
Where is the piece of pizza that should be in Carl's hand?
Conversations around the table... they are some of the best.
Thanks to all of the Grove family for coming, we all enjoyed every minute of it! Thanks Jen and Shaun for coming down here... we love you guys so much and wish we could see you more often. In the perfect place, we would all live within a couple minutes of each other! Wish we had more time to talk... my life is kinda hectic with Zach being a wanderer.. I can't stay in one place for too long!
4 comments:
Thanks!! We had a blast!! I appreciate you all housing Diego and Leigh. They are so sweet!! It was nice though to be at mom and dad's without 25 people sleeping there as well!! It was an incredible day with Hunter, and I am truly amazed at God's goodness to them!! I just can't believe his progression since we visited him in the hospital when he couldn't walk or talk. What a miracle of God he is!! What precious shots you got of him, did you send them to Lyn?? You can befriend her from my facebook. Hope you are recovering from the weekend!! I know how hard it is to have company we do it all the time and it does get a bit tiring!! Love you!!
Wow 20 something people at your house...WOW! I hope Shawn was able to eat his Calzone!...LOL
looks like fun. wish we could have joined in and added to more people at your place. love you !
Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!
i will try to e-mail you the pattern later for the bloomers...I have a link to the head band tutorial I will send as well. If you have any queations feel free to call ;o} or e-mail me.
Post a Comment