Eli started his spring break on Thursday of last week. He had a half a day... we came home, put the two little ones down, he played video games while I did a couple clients, and then ate dinner and he went off with his Mimi for a date to an Alice in Wonderland play at Charlotte Christian School... He got home late, went to bed late... man what a start! Then the next day we had a couple errands to run before we went to the Park for a play date with Jadon and miss Wendy, straight from there to pick up his buddy Josh so Eli could have a play date... man I have been beat already! The craziness we do for our kids happiness... it's amazing how much parents sacrifice for us (Mimi and Poppy thanks for all you did for us girls, carting us everywhere known to man... you are definitely better than I). So Eli and Josh start off their time together on the trampoline in the backyard. Much to my surprise these two rough, touch, tumbely and rambunctious boys were oddly quiet. I peeked out my kitchen window and saw the two boys laying very closely on the trampoline... it looked to me like they were reading. I thought to myself, man these two kids were just talking about these books they checked out of the Library from school, and now instead of jumping on the trampoline they are reading... how AWESOME is that! I run into my room to get the camera to sneak a picture of the two studious boys... and much to my surprise the two had been quietly playing Josh's nintendo DS... ha! yeah right, two 2nd graders reading on a tramp... c'mon mom... more like playing video games! That's a kid for ya! I am so glad that we were able to have Josh over to play with Eli... they love spending time together... those two are peas in a pod... we are hoping that this coming week they'll get to spend some more time together! I just hope that I am not run ragged by the end of this week! Pray for me! ha!
1 day ago


2 comments:
awwww...look at our boys!!! so surprised to open up your blog post and see my boy there!!!
looking forward to getting together, friday does work for us...hopefully we aren't beat by then!!! if you want to pick another day, just let me know!!
talk to you soon!!!
I"m sure you all will have a blast this week...
Post a Comment