All of this scenery is taken in my parents backyard... isn't it beautiful? I was able to enjoy a quiet Sunday afternoon on my mother and fathers back porch... the birds were chirping, and the bees were buzzing, the lizards were crawling and the squirrels were making their weird sounds... all while my little ones were sleeping and Eli was playing a computer game. I couldn't resist taking photographs of the yard and the gardens because it was breathtaking. I felt like I was in heaven, it was so Serene (the one thing that kept it all reality was my constant sneezing, itching eyes and nose dripping!). All the life that springs forth after the cold, dead winter, captures me each and every year. An amazing reminder of the Life that our Lord Jesus Christ has so graciously given us through His death on the cross. When ever I get a moment to rest and take it all in, I am immediately brought to that place of wonder... I look at all of creation, Gods handiwork, and I am speechless. My mother and I were talking about that with Ligiane Sunday afternoon and she said it best ... "God is the greatest designer!" So true... what other designer can take all colors and put them together and make it all look spectacular? I don't know a single one... usually a designer needs to stick within some kind of parameter when designing... NOT OUR GOD! :) I love it! Take a moment to get lost in the pictures... pretend that you are there, alone with God... what would He be whispering to you? What truths would he be telling you? What promises would He be reminding you of? I can tell you what He whispered to me this Resurrection Sunday afternoon....
Christy, you need to ... "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
Christy, you need to ... "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Too many times we are about the business of our day, and schedules with the kids that we all too easily forget to BE STILL.
"To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God." Psalm 25:1There are things that are going on right now in your life that you need to fully hand over to me... you need to lift your soul to me... to no one else but me!
He reminded me that I need to follow His ways... easier said than done many times...
He reminded me that I need to follow His ways... easier said than done many times... "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." 
Things may not be going exactly as you have planned them to... that's ok because MY plans are better for you. You need to find joy in this day despite what is going on because " This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 147: 7-8 " Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp. He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills."
1 Chronicles 16:29-30a "ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name. Bring an offering and come before Him, worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness.Tremble before Him all the earth!"
vs. 32 'Let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them! Then the trees of the forest will sing, they will sing for the joy of the Lord,"
Do you see the strength in this tree, how strong and firm it's roots grow, how it is bearing much fruit? This is how I want you to live... "But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields it fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."
Remember to seek me first... above all else... your ways can be pure if... "I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from you commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you , O Lord; teach me your decrees... I meditate o your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." Psalm 119: 10- 16

Things may not be going exactly as you have planned them to... that's ok because MY plans are better for you. You need to find joy in this day despite what is going on because " This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 147: 7-8 " Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp. He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills."
1 Chronicles 16:29-30a "ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name. Bring an offering and come before Him, worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness.Tremble before Him all the earth!"
vs. 32 'Let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them! Then the trees of the forest will sing, they will sing for the joy of the Lord,"
Do you see the strength in this tree, how strong and firm it's roots grow, how it is bearing much fruit? This is how I want you to live... "But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields it fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."
Remember to seek me first... above all else... your ways can be pure if... "I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from you commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Praise be to you , O Lord; teach me your decrees... I meditate o your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word." Psalm 119: 10- 16My closing prayer, and I hope you make this your own, is... do not let me neglect your word! Help me to hide your word in my heart. Teach me your ways. Help me to seek YOU first!
~Amen~

3 comments:
Amen!! Christy you bless me!! Thanks for your love for Jesus and how you share His love through your blog!! May He continue to bless you and give you the words to share with us!! Love you!!
Same here. Thanks for sharing your love for the Lord.
Wow, your parents have a lovely garden! I really like all that purple wisteria! :)
Post a Comment