This past weekend, I had the ability to get away with my Mom and Dad and go to Charleston. My Dad's soccer team had a game there, and we were able to stay at a friends condo in the Isle of Palms. What a retreat it was for me. It was so nice to spend time with Mom and Dad on the beach... watch them with the kids, and to actually take a long walk alone on the beach. It was such a blessing, especially because this week has been a bear of a week having to work 6 days(I am exhausted already and it's only Thursday... I am not done until Saturday).
Anyway.. the weekend was filled with fun, sun, laughter, whining, crying, fun, running water, whining, FUN... and it keeps going! The kids got to bed late every night... their naps weren't very long because they were eager to get back out onto the beach and play.
I was surprised with Zach because the last time we were at the beach with him... he didn't like the water coming towards him... and he didn't like the feel of the sand either! Go figure.
This go around he wasn't too sure of the water at first... because it would come towards him... but after watching Lilly and Eli running into the water... he went in as well. At first he would just stand there and not move, he didn't know what to make of the waves. Once I told him he could move... it was all over... he was running in and out all day long! It is so much fun to watch their little faces as they discover the world the Lord has made and all of it wonders.

Lilly loved sitting on the boogy board... didn't do anything but sit there and wait for the waves to come in and crash over her legs and move the board about an inch. She got such a kick out of the water moving her ... giggles were in abundance! When I tried to really show her how to do it... she just wouldn't have any of it because she felt unstable on the board, maybe next year! She is definitely a beach bum... she didn't want to get out of the water at all!

Eli, he had a blast too... boogy boarding, riding a bike on the beach, and doing some kind of skate board that only has two wheels and is split down the middle... I don't remember the name of it... but I couldn't believe how well Eli did on that thing ( it takes a lot of coordination to do it ).Eli had a ton of fun with Poppie, they built sand castle together... I seriously couldn't believe that my dad was doing that!
Unfortunately the last day we were there Eli got stung by a jelly fish... they were out by the dozens on the beach, it was wild. I have never seen such huge jelly fish before...
There were tons and tons of these things all over the place... I had to make sure that Eli and Lilly didn't step on them. Eli was really good about making sure they didn't do that as well... He would scream at them when they were 50 ft. away... it was so funny!

(This was after Eli got stung... putting the cold wet sand on his legs felt really good... Lilly helped him as well.)
Unfortunately the last day we were there Eli got stung by a jelly fish... they were out by the dozens on the beach, it was wild. I have never seen such huge jelly fish before...
There were tons and tons of these things all over the place... I had to make sure that Eli and Lilly didn't step on them. Eli was really good about making sure they didn't do that as well... He would scream at them when they were 50 ft. away... it was so funny!
(This was after Eli got stung... putting the cold wet sand on his legs felt really good... Lilly helped him as well.)
Mimi and Poppie had a blast with the kids as well... I couldn't believe that my dad made it onto the beach (he hates the beach)... but because the kids were there... he was all about it! Of course my mom didn't want to leave the sand because she is a beach bum at heart as well! Fun memories that will last a life time. Thanks mom and dad for asking us to come with you... we had a great time!

1 comments:
I cant believe how big they're all getting! I say this all the time but its insane how much they grow in so little time!!
How di I become a follower of your blog? I want to add yout o my blog and dont know how!
Post a Comment