Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Monday, June 28, 2010

All Things New




2 Corinthians 5:17
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
Ephesian 4:22-24
"You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness."
Romans 6:2-7
"Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that , just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. If we have been united with him like this in his death, we will certainly also be united with him in his resurrection. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin-- because anyone who has died has been freed from sin."




A week later I still can't believe that my son has been baptized. It is one of the best gifts a parent can receive from a child. I do have to admit that I am beside myself, I am ecstatic, and have fallen in love with my son all over again! I see that he is really growing and he is truly understanding the WORD. He is already a mighty warrior for the Lord, I can't wait to see what he becomes as a man. Elijah is maturing before my eyes, and it is a beautiful thing to experience.



holy experience


#118-159
words of encouragement
"I love you" un-evoked from your children
little hands tied around your neck hanging on tightly
dirty little feet
bo-bo's I can kiss and make all better
a working computer
orange day lilies bowing in the breeze
fresh cucumber
sweet cherry tomatoes
giggles
the caress of my husbands hands
Scott taking care of me when I am sick
my mother that always wants to help out (she's the best)
quiet evenings reading with the kids
playing uno together
speed scrabble
falling to my knees in worship and adoration
unhindered worship
HIS great love for me
dance class
dresses that twirl
a moment of joy captured in a picture
dirty water to be baptized in
pastors that are surrendered to the Lord
humbled hearts
new believers being baptized
old believers being baptized
books
imagination
intimacy with my husband
his embrace
my lovey bug, Zacheriah (2 1/2 yrs.)
my sweetpea, Lillian (3 1/2 yrs.)
my lover of life, Elijah (almost 9)
my hardworking, tender hearted, curious george, husband, Scott (32)
smiles
children walking around the house singing
ice cold water on a hot day
clean sheets
snuggling
overjoyed with life
marriage

1 comments:

fingerprints said...

You've got a bug, too? :) I usually refer to mine as a stink bug though! LOL His name is Isaac, but I call him Zachariah at times. Isaac just doesn't have the oomph that Zachariah does when you need their attention.

JD
www.fingerprintsfromhishand.webs.com