Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TOO close for comfort

This afternoon, as I was weeding a bit... I decided to go and get a tool to help me with getting the deeper weeds. As I am walking up my driveway I spotted something that looked like a long branch. I thought that it was because the day before Scott and I trimmed some of our trees and Scott pulled all the brush up to the side of the shop. Well as I got closer I realized it was a black snake.


Now, usually I am fine with black snakes when they are at a wood pile, or up in a tree... but right at the stoop of the side door leading into the salon/pool room/play area... that just isn't cool!


I mean, I have clients that walk in and out of there all the time... the kids run barefoot out of the door right there... AAAAHHHHH!

I tried getting a long broom and picking it up to move it... but it was SSSOOO heavy I couldn't keep it all on the stick... so now it is in the brush beside the door... unless it has moved... which I hope it has.

(look how big this bugger is)
Just a little too close for comfort for me.

It doesn't give me the heeby-geebies... but I don't want the kids getting bitten. Thank the Lord a black snake isn't poisonous

.

0 comments: