If you are reading and wanting some kind of rhyme or reason to the posts... it's just not going to happen. I am now going to post about our snow days we had the beginning of last week. I am so sorry if this throws you off, it sure throws me off! I feelin' all outa whack!
After Eli has 2 1/2 weeks off for Christmas break... he went back to school for less than a week... and the start of the next week he had snow days. It started to snow early morning Monday, and had accumulated about 2 1/2 inches by the time the kids woke up. It continued snowing all day to give us about 6 1/2 inches all together.
The kids were ready first thing to get out onto the hill and go sledding. I remember being their age and just being able to go and do it without parents because I had my older sister Jen to watch out for me... funny how things are different when you are a parent. Not that my parents weren't good... they were... we just lived in totally different areas... the house we were in growing up backed up to woods that had many fun hills throughout... it was secluded and we were always the only ones on those hills, hence being able to go without parents. My parents could hear us.
We all got suited up to go out in the snow, I was a bit hesitant with Zach because last year he didn't last a minute before crying and wanting to go inside where it was warm. This year proved to be a great year... HE LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! He went down on the sled quit a few times... Lilly did it twice and was done. She was content to watch Eli, Zach and daddy have their fun, us girls hung out at the top and helped push everyone down! We ended up putting Eli's X-games ramp about 3/4's of the way down the hill as a jump. Man, he got major air... and had a couple wipe outs, but he wouldn't have it any other way! We actually got some video of it... I am going to have Scott post it on Youtube this way I can post it on the blog.
After the sledding we came in for cookie baking and decorating. The kids loved that, thanks to Renee Hughes (my dear, dear friend)... it was a Christmas Gift to us.
After we were done with that Zach and Lilly decided to make a tent and hang out under there.
Then there was some down time... and during down time you know what happens in this house don't you????
Hair Cuts!
Zach decided that the day Eli went back to school, he was so bored without Eli, it was time to cut his own hair. I tell you what, this child doesn't know when to stop! It wasn't enough that he cut Lilly's hair a couple months ago now he had to move onto his own.
Needless to say now my scissors are put in it's case and HIGH UP in a cabinet!
So I had to buzz his hair in order for it to look right.. he took the scissors down to the scalp, I don't know how he didn't cut himself!

0 comments:
Post a Comment