Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Updates


Hello to my family and friends,
I write this email with a heavy heart, tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat. I got word from my mother in law just a couple minutes ago about Tommy (my F.I.L.). Word from his thorasic surgeon that worked on him a week and a half ago said that he has Pleural Mesothelioma, which is a cancer. This cancer is from heavy exposure to asbestos... This type of Mesothelioma is the most common, and accounts for 70% of Mesothelioma patients.
Right now the chest x-ray that was done today shows fluid build up on his chest again, so they will go back to the thorasic surgeon next thursday for another x-ray to see if more fluid is building even further. This type of cancer is very agressive, and depending on what stage he is in will determine what treatment they will use and what the expectancy is. His oncologist appt. is for Feb. 3rd , and it is on that day we will know more definite word as to where he is in this journey.
I ask for a few things right now.
1. for the Lord to pour out HIS peace that passes all understanding both over my father-in-law and my mother-in-law through this tough time. As I talked with my mother, she said that they are both fearful and angry, feeling as if this is unfair. I totally understand her thoughts, I just pray through the fear, through the anger she finds rest in the arms of the Almighty God and Savior Jesus Christ.
2. I ask that you would pray for us as well... my heart aches, knowing that I love him so much and never want to see anything bad happen to him. Pray that Scott and I figure out how to deal with this, how to tell the kids and help them understand what is going on, and for us to figure out our "feelings", some of us find that hard to do... and this is something we can't push under the rug, this is real, this is hard, and this touches the heart and stirs the emotions that we don't always know how to deal with.
3. I also ask that you pray for salvation through this process... I know that the Lord can work good in ANY situation.

As we learn more I will send out more information... thanks for all the prayers and all the encourging words.

Lifting my in-laws up in prayer,
Christy


3 comments:

sarah said...

praying with you !!! so sorry. will call you tomorrow.

Bonnie said...

Hey Christy,

I don't know if you remember me, but Scott and I worked together at Starbucks. I have been reading your blog and was sad to see this news. I can't imagine how hard this is for your family. I just wanted to let you and Scott know that I'm thinking about you.

Love,
Bonnie

Christy said...

Hey Bonnie...
I had no clue you were in Charlotte. Wow...
Thanks for your thoughts... we are having a tough season... but the Lord is greater still and holds us in the palm of his hand.
So where in Charlotte are you?