Today...
January 19th, 2011 ...
Lillian Grace Tennyson, born on Sept 17th 2006,
started preschool today!
Lillian Grace Tennyson, born on Sept 17th 2006,
started preschool today!
Zach wasn't quit ready to say goodbye this morning. He is attached to this girl like glue! We kept telling Zach that it was going to be a special day for Lilly, but he got to spend some super-mom time with me (he's all about super heros right now... always dressed in his cape). That helped a bit... but I must say he asked for her about a thousand times. Finally when it was time to pick her up... that is when he wasn't ready to see her yet!
I can't believe that the day finally came for her. She has been so excited about this ever since G-ma B and G-pa T told her that they were going to give this to her as a gift at Christmas. She had to wait because she needed an appt. with her doctor for her 4yo checkup, she is 44 1/4 in (90-95%) and she is 45 lbs (95%). She got a clean bill of health and 4 shots!
OUCH!
We got to school and she was giggles, excited, jumping up and down. We walked through the door, still giggly and excited... then we walked through the classroom door and she squeezed my hand so tight I thought my eyeballs were going to pop out of my head! Praise the Lord there were no tears, on either part, and once the kids started rollin' on through the door she let go of my hand and got right to playin'.
Her teachers names are Miss Nicole and Miss Susan. This I am excited for because I know Susan from her having a child in Eli's grade at his school. She is a really sweet woman, and Miss Nicole seemed really sweet as well. I look forward to getting to know these ladies, the kids and their parents because a lot of these kids will be attending UA with Lilly.
I am sure I'll have more school pictures next week. I will take some of the Church and of her class room and Lilly with her teachers... well maybe I'll do that this Friday because it's PJ day at the school! YIPEE! G-ma B Lilly has already mentioned she wants to wear the Jammies that you bought her at Thanksgiving time!
When it was time to pick her up, she was not smiling (because she is always a bit nervous when she's in an unfamiliar place), but as soon as she got into the car she was miss chatter box. We had a 10 min. drive home and was there any silence... NOPE ... she told me about every detail of her day.
Praise the Lord for a smooth start!

0 comments:
Post a Comment