Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Dirty Jobs!

We finally finished the boxes for our raised beds this year. WE have added three long beds, so we can produce more than we did last year. The whole family loved all the fresh veggies we got... so we decided as a family to add a little more.

Well this required us getting some topsoil... and thanks to our friend Terry(who gave us top soil)... we are now ready to plant seeds.







The kids had such a blast with the dirt... it was a dirty job... but someone had to do it! :)


( I helped as well... and I am very sore today because of it... I just don't get into the photos because I take them!)

The kids used the dirt mound (as you can see) as a slide... not only for their bottoms but their bellies...


I threw their clothes in the wash that night... that is the way to get the dirt out... doing it right away... no stains on any of the clothing!


They rode in the back of daddy's truck on top of the dirt, and just giggled the whole way there...






They were ok, it was just from our driveway to the garden beds (for those of you who are worried about the kids falling out of the truck... I did run behind it to make sure... but they were all good).





I love capturing the kids right now... because I reminded of just how fast they grow and how we will wish we had these times back.




















I wish we could have had Eli in on the dirt filled pictures, but he was at school and we needed them ready for us to plant this weekend. I'll get more pictures then... and Eli will be in those!
(which Eli did help Scott build these beds about 3 weeks ago!)

0 comments: