Hi there to all of you family and friends, and blogger people that I don't really know! I hope that this post finds you doing well and that you are ready to sit for a moment to read about a little something!
Thought you'd get a kick out of seeing my little girl... does she not look like a little Irish girl?
How many of you think she has a trace of Irish in her?
Well this gorgeous little one is Italian/German/English/French/and Polish.
What a mix, huh?
and NO IRISH! :0)
Seriously though, this wasn't St. Patrick's day when we took this picture in GREEN... it was a random day that she just wanted to wear green, and actually wanted a GREEN bow to match... so I just couldn't refuse... my camera lens was crying out to me to get a photograph of her. To capture the moment she was in. As I write and look at this picture I am reminded of just how fast children grow up. It seems like it was yesterday that my water broke with her and we were on our way to the hospital. It seems like yesterday that our sweet pea had to be under lights for her billireuban counts. It seems like yesterday that she fell out of the chair and lost her two teeth. It seems like yesterday that she was a tiny baby... andyet in the picture she seems so grown up. I am also reminded of how much she relies on Scott and I for just about everything. For a drink, for food, for support when she falls and skins her knee, for our arms to be wide open for her to run into because the bo-bo hurts.
How much that is a reflection of how we are to be with our Heavenly Father. He says that we should come like children to Him... and what does that mean for us?
It means that we too should cry out to our Daddy when we are hurting. We need to depend on our Daddy to quench our thirst and to feed our hunger pains. We need to be FULLY, dependant on HIM... the one who spoke this world into being, who walked this earth fully God and fully man, who hung on an old rugged cross for our sins, who was buried and on the third day rose again, and now reigns seated at the right hand of God the Father.
Oh how I long to see HIS face, to meet Him one day... to sit in his lap and just fall asleep on HIS chest...
but wait...
I can do that now!
No, I may not be able to literally see His face right now... but I surely can meet with Him, I can sit in HIS lap and fall asleep on HIS chest. That is the sweetest thing that to know... that I can be with HIM, and I did do that today.
I sat with HIM today! He smiled upon me as I read and prayed in the midst of HIS creation. When HIS eyes lit up... it was the sun peaking out from behind the clouds... and HIS arms embracing me, was the very warmth that came from the sun. He whispered to me through the gentle breeze that caressed my skin. Today, I sat with the Father... and it was so good. HE is so good.
GOD is so good!
So tell me, when was the last time that you really spent quality time with ABBA, Father?
When was the last time you sat quiet, before the Lord... He beacons us to "be still and know that HE is GOD."
Take the time and stop today, get quiet before the Lord... don't speak to HIM... allow for the Holy Spirit to intercede on your behalf while you are still and quiet. What is HE trying to say to you?

0 comments:
Post a Comment