Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Prayer Please

Today


is March 11, 2010... Karen Summers, the woman in the middle is going through her second round of Chemo today. She is a beautiful woman that loves the Lord, and loves life. She has gone through such hardship in her life here on earth, but she is a living testimony of the Grace of GOD. She has done quit well with her first treatment, so things look to be going smoothly. I ask that you would pray with me that the Lord continues to be her comfort, her stregth when she is weak, and her healer. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Lord is using all of the medications to heal this woman... and to think that He is just going to add one more huge obstacle for Karen to GLORY in the LORD about... is awesome! She truly gives God all the glory and she stands firm in HIM... the creator who made every fiber of her being, who knit her together in her mothers womb, who knows every hair that is on her head... and every hair folicle that will one day produce hair again! :) (that one's for you Karen, hope that put a smile on your face)!

Last Friday I had the opportunity to spend some time with with amazing woman, time praying for her, time laughing with her, and crying with her... also time taking her hair off. I offered my services to her, knowing that she can't be around a lot of people and probably wouldn't step foot into a salon to have her hair taken off. It was a blessing for me to be a part of this with Karen, two long time friends of her and her sister. I look forward to spending more time with Karen and gleaning from her wisdom.

~ Dear Lord~

I pray that you would strengthen Karen today, as she is going to be weak for a couple days. I pray that she would feel your presence surrouding her, encompassing her right now. May she feel your hands at work within her body healing her... Lord be her comfort when dark thoughts drift into her head. Be there to push those thoughts out immediately.. help Karen take those thoughts captive in the name of the LORD and push them aside. LORD YOU are her STRENGTH... LORD YOU are with her right this second. Thank You Lord for Karens life, she has touched many people in your name... and I pray that you would allow her to continue to touch many more lives for you.

~Amen~

0 comments: