Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

How He Loves


Genesis 1:1
" In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Psalm 96:11-13a
"Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy; they will sing before the Lord..."






Luke 12:27-29
" Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into fire, how much more will He clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.


Psalm 97: 1-6
"The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad let the distant shores rejoice. Clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before him and consumes His foes on every side. His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles. The mountains melt like wax before the Lord, before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all the people see His glory."









We did an amazing song in church this morning that spoke volumes to me... it ministered to my soul. I am one who looks at God's handiwork in His creation and I am amazed at how beautiful it is and how much more He lavishes His love on us... even more than His beautiful creation... the beautiful trees and the budding flowers, the singing birds... Oh, How He loves us....

Before you read the lyrics... I have embedded the song just beneath all the lyrics... please to get the fullness of the lyrics... pause the music that I have playing through my playlist... then scroll down to the bottom of the post and press play.... scroll back up to read along with the lyrics I have written out for you... it AWESOME! Let it minister to your soul today!



How He Loves
He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all


Yeah, He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves.


We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…



1 comments:

sarah said...

I have loved this song too for so long - its awesome! i think i posted on it one time and the story behind who wrote it... if you didn't see that - i'll email the story to you....and your trees look amazing, i had to do a double take, b/c they have changed so much since i was there. love you