The day in the life of the Tennyson's household.
Sunday, March 21st, 2010...
Scott, Eli, Zach, Lilly and I wake up later than usual (because we had this Sunday off, our first in a while)... so we figured we would mozy through our day. A rainy day, but a family day none the less.
theGathering Uptown this morning was absolutely amazing. Worship wasn't just the music set... it continued (as it always does) with Pastor Andrew's preaching... It was on Creation and Creativity. We started with Genesis 1:1... In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. This spilled over into how the Lord speaks through creation... and how we are instruments for the Lord to create through arts, dance, singing, musical instruments, rap, dj-ing etc. We are in the midst of doing a series called "This is it"... it's all about our foundation as a church and what we stand for (if you are interested in listening to the series you can do that through linking onto the website http://www.thegatheringnc.org/ ... from there it's really easy to navigate through the site to get to the series, even I can do it and have done it). Anyway, at the end of the service while we all stood to sing praises to our Lord and King an amazing artist got up and painted, while one of the ladies in our congregation did a beautiful dance. It was truly a sight to see... MMMMM!
So we leave there, all hyped up and inspired... but I am starting to get a headache (from what I am not sure), what I do know is that when the kids are sleeping I will be taking a nap as well. We get settled in at home, kids sleeping, and I am trying to sleep but the headache is not allowing it to happen all that easily. I finally fall asleep and then my oldest son bursts into my room (knowing that I am trying to nap)
Ready or Not, here I come....
"Mom, Lilly has poop on the floor and on the rug".
In my mind I am thinking 'you have got to be kidding me... please don't tell me that this is the way the rest of the day is going to end up.'
I send Eli out to get Scott so he can handle things, so I can finally get some rest...
Ready or Not, here I come...
20 minutes later I hear Lilly in Zach and Eli's room, waking Zach up. At this point it is utter chaos... Zach is crying, Lilly is running back to her room and cleaning up her mess that was made... while Eli and Dad are out in the salon/pool room/playroom watching the basketball tourny.
Ok, that put me in a foul mood cause I am so incredibly drained from what I now know to be a headache induced by allergies. AH, so I run out to Eli and ask why he didn't get dad to help... and the response I get is "oh, I forgot" ... if there is anything on the tv... whatever has been told of Eli is out of his head in la, la land! HA!
I proceed to put the oven on to preheat for the meatloaf dinner I had prepped already... Then run to Lilly's room and talk with her about not waking Zach up from a nap, try to keep Zach out of Lilly's room while I sweep ... and run back into the kitchen to see if the oven is ready (nope). I then take Lilly's rug and put stain stuff on there and into the washer... The load I had thought was done from earlier... is sitting in water. (HMMM, maybe one of the kids stopped it mid washing... so I turn it back on) run back into Lilly's room to now mop... still trying to keep Zach out of the room... now back into the kitchen to put the potatoes and green beans on the stove top. Back to the Laundry room because the cycle should be done...
Ready or Not, here I come...
...it's still sitting in water... WHAT?
Our washer won't drain. Well, how the Lord works and orchestrates things amazes me. Just a few weeks ago we gave the extra washer we had been given to by a friend Scott used to work with, to a friend of ours whose washer had died on them. (that is a long story as well) To shorten it, they were blessed by someone who gave them a new set... and just this past Saturday our friends dropped the washer we had given them back to us. Is that not amazing how the Lord works?
At this point my stinky mood has turned into laughter because this is just too comical! Seriously all this in the matter of about 2 hours...
Now I am on my hands and knees cleaning what was under our old washer (I almost puked!), running back and forth between the stove top taters and beans...
By the way the pink thing in the laundry basket is Lilly's rug... that is waiting to be washed! My handy dandy pink water bottle... and two cups we used to take the water out from the other washer! Seriously... hysterical.
I then finish with the cleaning and move on to checking the meatloaf... it should be about time to sit and eat dinner...
Ready or Not, here I come...
OH MY WORD!
I forgot to put the meatloaf in... (how do I improvise so it won't be another hour before we eat dinner... hmmmm....)
While I am trying to come up with something my wonderful husband hooks up our new to us, but old washer... isn't it pretty? I love it... so white and shiny. I think I won't mind doing the laundry as much now! :)I finally came up with meatloaf-burgers... and let me tell you it was a hit!
the words out of my husband's mouth was "I think you're on to something here."
I must say, I almost got caught up in the craziness and could have allowed this to set the mood for the rest of the night... but I was reminded by my best friend, GOD himself, that we are blessed.
We are blessed to even have a rug in my daughters room to clean, we are blessed to have children that forget to do what they are told, we are blessed to have a washer that was given us by a guy that Scott used to work with, and we are blessed to have food on the table... even if it wasn't the meatloaf I had intended it to be... meatloaf-burgers were just as good!
Thank you Lord for putting things into perspective for me... and through all the nonsense... my headache is gone. coincidence? I don't think so... When we take our minds off of what is going on around us and place them on the Lord... He does some radical things... even small things like lifting the headache from me (I did not take any meds). You would think my headache would have gotten worse.
What a mighty God we serve...
Ready or Not....

3 comments:
LOVE IT!...and the washer too!
Great post!! So funny, this is the life of being a MOM!!
yes, totally MOM moments.....glad you didn't get stressed about it. hope you are feeling better.
Post a Comment