Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Eli's First Grade Teachers



Mrs. Marlow was the lead teacher... she is the one hugging Eli. This year she played a vital role in Eli's education, not only did she "teach" him, she also helped him with his adhd. She truly had a heart for Eli and was such a great support for us because she was just as firm with him as we are... and that really helped him know that he wasn't supposed to over step his boundaries... Thank You Joy! And Mrs. Melton was the assistant, she is in the red shirt holding up a gift. Mrs. Melton was the first one that I met in the beginning of the year, we talked a little bit and I had told her we were working with Eli on some things and going through a book called the Strong Willed Child... she replied "good 'ol Dr. Dobson" then and there I knew that she was a believer. She was such a delight... I only knew her a little bit, I wish I could've gotten to know her better but due to all of Lilly's sicknesses I couldn't be in the room like I had wanted to. I told Eli... "if you need some help with anything and you want to pray about it with someone... go and whisper in Mrs. Melton's ear and ask her if she could pray with you about it away from everyone." I don't know that he ever did that, but Eli knew where Mrs. Melton stood as far as what her beliefs are. I know that he found comfort in knowing that she was a believer... he metioned it a few times to me, he just thought the world of her. Thanks Mrs. Melton!

0 comments: