Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday Afternoon



It is Sunday afternoon... we just got back from church, and what a great service it was. Pastor Blake spoke on "Confessions of a Pastor"... todays confession was on Prayer. What a great challenge he posed to all of us... One that Scott and I are going to take him up on. Pastor Blake challenged everyone for 30 days to 1. make a commitment to spend time in prayer for at least 10 minutes a day 2. Pick a specific time and place to pray 3. Be held accountable 4. Pray Boldly


Scott and I are excited about this because we strive to make Christ the center of our home, and here lately we have been put to the test with having a lot going on... So here's our confession... quite frankly we have allowed our quiet times to go by the wayside. So this challenge couldn't come at a more opportune time. We will be doing that challenge along with a couple other things that we have started as of this past wednesday. We know that there is going to be a lot of challenges that face us because we have a real enemy who is going to want to thwart our efforts. SO, please be praying with us that we stand firm and are not swayed easily. We want to be found faithful! Just to let you know... since we have implemented these things since wednesday we have already seen a huge change... a change in communication, a change in how we are approaching situations that arise... Change! Man, change is good... not always comfortable... but much needed. We had a heart to heart and spoke about how we need to reprioritize things. I know you are right here with me when I say... we get caught up all too often in the rut of everyday life without taking time to put things into perspective and prioritize.
Thanks Pastor Blake for the challenge... we're takin' you up on it! I can't wait to see what this is going to do for those who actaully take the challenge... I think it'll be a huge shift... not just a seizmic shift... for our church!
BRING IT ON!




Eli and Dad... they are both goof-balls! Gotta love 'em though! Somehow Eli is able to make eveyone laught and smile even though he can be too hands on soemtimes! I don't know that he knows when to quit and just RELAX! Man are those two good lookin' dudes!

Look at my little Lilly, this is her with a TAN! Oh, and she kept her hair up all through church today... Good Job Lil! But let me just gloat for a second... isn't that outfit just too cute??? at first Iput the dress on her and didn't realize that it wasn't quit her size anymore... and just had to laugh because she was a little scandalous with the shortness of the dress! Daddy and I both agreed that she would never walk out of the house in a skirt that short ... EVER! So my brain was going a mile a minute... "how can she wear this today? Ah, I think I have some pink tights... I never put her in tights, so I'll just cut the foot part off and ... whala! " The cutest lil' outfit!
Look at this Little Goober!Zach had it out with the biter bisquit this afternoon while we all ate our lunch... What a mess that kido is! But let me tell ya, he loved every minute of munch time!

1 comments:

Mari said...

I totally hear ya on the priority thing...it is a daily challenge not to let even the normal things like spouse, kids and home squeeze all of our time.
I will pray for you.