Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Selah


I was talking with my sister (Sarah) yesterday and she was telling me about this blog that she likes to visit. Well I thought that I would check it out because she said that it is really encouraging, inspiring, and makes you want to walk closer with the Lord. I did go to the site, and man is it amazing! I would encourage YOU to take a look and allow the Lord to speak into your life. It really hit home for me, lately we've been dealing with a lot of sickness here with Lilly and the rest of the family, and quite frankly it has put a damper on my spirit. I had felt as if we just couldn't get a break, and I questioned "Why, Lord, are you allowing all of this to happen? We just can't take anymore." Wow, was I put in my place. My perspective into our lives is totally changed... and I am grateful for all that we are going through. Why you may ask... because yes, we have dealt with sickness and affliction, but all of our children are still with us... Thank you Lord! Please take a moment to read through the blog... if you know of the singing group Selah, this blog is of one of the families. Angie writes so beautifully. Just click on "Selah" under Blogs I visit... it'll take you there.Enjoy your life today, the Lord has given you every breath!
2 Cor. 5:7 "For we walk by faith, not by sight."

2 comments:

Emma Joersz said...

Hi Christy-I just looked at this blog last week. It does make me put into perspective the small problems that I feel are so big sometimes. Glad Lilly is doing okay. Stinks to have bad allergies, but like you said, it could be worse! Hope you're having a good day. I don't think we'll be at church Sunday, but I'll try to call this weekend and set up a time we can get together next week.
Emma

Mari said...

Hey Christy,
You can find the probiotics at natural food stores. 14 carrot or earth fare...
Let me know if you don't find it we have a 14 carrot nearby and I can send it to you. You can also try starting her on natural yogurt w/the artive cultures in it.
I am sure we will be up in Charlotte some time...just not sure when. I will let you know.
Mari