Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Field Day and UA

Eli enjoying his Popsicle after a long hard morning of play!

Getting ready to start a game... can't remember what it is called... but it was pretty cool!
It was all about team work.

Mrs. Brown is the one to the left licking the Popsicle... that was his teacher this year. She did an amazing job with him, I was sad that I could really be a part of his time in class... with the two toddlers, it's just not doable right now... so I cooked a hot meal for them every Wednesday instead!

I can't believe that I am blogging about Eli's field day again... it seems like yesterday that I did it for his first grade year. This year, I feel as if time has flown by even faster than last. I think that having two toddlers has made it so that it really has! Eli has grown so much this year, in so many different ways. He is really getting a handle on himself... knowing what sets him off, and how to deal with it. He has become even more knowledgeable this year through his learning at school, he is really holding on to the information he has been given and using it in every day life. Not only that, but the biggest thing for me has been to see him grow in his understanding of who God is, and how that plays out in his life. I have been observing him more and seeing that the knowledge he has of the Lord is now starting to really penetrate into his heart, which in turn is coming out in his actions and words. Eli has always been a boy who has a soft heart, but a heart that is really competitive (many times getting in the way of his softness). This year his competitiveness is there, but I see his gentleness shining through as well. When he was doing this team game during field day, he along with about 4 other boys were trying to get to the front in order to be one of the first kids to touch this mat... well as others were pushing their way to the front as well... Eli eventually back down and was ok with not being the first one to touch the mat. This to me was HUGE... usually he would have gotten really angry and upset that he didn't do it first, but this time I could see the frustration, but I could also see that he was in control of his feelings. It is so sad to see him grow up, but it is also so rewarding and amazing all at the same time. I am so blessed to have my son Eli... he is truly my joy! I love him so much ... I can't wait until he and I can sit on the coach, watch a movie and then talk about some deep issues together(we do talk about deep things now, but a lot of the time it is because he has asked a question and I am explaining something to him).
So Eli has officially graduated from second grade... and in about 6 1/2 weeks will be starting his 3rd grade year! Congratulations Eli for a great year, I love you!



0 comments: