Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Memorial Day weekend in VA

When we were in VA last weekend, the kids enjoyed going to Aunt Cathy and Uncle Bobs house. While we were there they told us the kids could go to the pool, and they were all thrilled. Zach had no fear... he was wet from head to toe because he would run into the water... fall face first... and then come up ready for more! :0)
Please don't look closely at me... but note that Zach is trying with all his might to get away from me... and also notice how deep the water is for him... NO FEAR! Lilly was also ready for the water... but she was a bit more cautious than Zach was.

My Big boy... he is a fish! He loves the water... he had a blast with his dad in the water. Not so sure that Scott's back loved it... but I know they both enjoyed each others company and messin' around!



Soaking up the sun!


My Baby boy, growing up too fast!


will she be a rock climber? Look at that determined face!


Zach had just finished climbing the slide

While in VA, we went to the park with Grama B and Grampa T. It was a lot of fun, all the kids showed off their climbing abilities. Grampa T and Grama B sat back, relaxed, and watched the kids do thier thang while they sun bathed! They both say just watching the kids wears them out! ha! It wears me out too!


Lilly was a little shy (as usual) at first, especially going near the police car.


Zach was making his way down to see what it was all about... there he was looking at Mr. Mike in his uniform... he looked all tough!

These guys are such silly boys... posing for the camera!

The Kids really enjoyed have Mr. Mike stop by when he was on duty. He is a policeman in Newport News, and Grama B and Grampa T's house is in his district. Mr. Mike would stop by, show the kids the car (which they were in awe of... scott was too), and then take off because he had a call to go to. It was great because we got to see Mr. Mike in action, and not only that but really loving his job. He makes a great policeman... :0). Scott always enjoys his time with Mike, catching up and joking around. I love to see my husband with his childhood friends... it sparks something in him that I don't get here too often. Scott just doesn't have any close friends here in Charlotte, so he misses that connection he has with Mike and Matt. who is Matt? Well he is also a childhood friend of Scotts' you won't see him in pictures because he no longer lives in VA... he has moved to PA and is getting married in Aug. I am sure you will see pictures of that day posted... but until then you won't see a picture of him... sorry!


This is what the kids did from the moment they woke up each morning and after every nap, that is unless we were headed out the door. Eli accompanied them with the harmonica, which somehow we didn't get a picutre of. It was a lot of fun, I know the noise probably drove Grama B and Grampa T crazy at times, but with these three th0ere is nothing but noise unless they are sleeping... actually even in their sleep all of them makes noises. :)
I will be posting from my trip to PA with my sister soon... I am having problems with uploading pictures... just to give you an idea of how long it took me... I started this post about 11am... and am just now finishing... I have gotten a lot of work done around the house while waiting! Hopefully tonight I will have some time... if not... you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the sweet pictures of my new nephew Nate!

1 comments:

Mari said...

Looks like you all had a great time! You look great by the way!
We have not heard anything yet. Just resting in the fact that HIS timing is perfect.