Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Soccer Camp

This last week Eli had the opportunity to go to an Eagles Soccer camp. I know I posted a couple pictures last week, but here are some more of him in action. He played goal keeper a good bit... he does really well there, but a few times the coached had to remind him to use his hands... the goals he let through were the goals he was trying to keep out with his feet! He had a blast! It lasted from 9am - 3pm, he was a champ making it through those long HOT days. Did that deter him from his usual energetic self... NOPE!

Guess what? now soccer is at the top of his list as far as his favorite sport to play.
why? because he just got finished with the camp... he is the same way when it comes to basketball camp... and anything else.
He lives in the moment!



This is a really neat part of the day. Each day the kids sit down for a snack, some water and one of the coaches shares his/her testimony. This day it was coach Shake and Bakes turn. He went through a lot of loss before he accepted the Lord... and even ended up at a college to play soccer (not knowing the college was a christian college) and it was there he learned the true meaning of what a Christian is and how they live each and every day for the Lord. Pretty awesome stuff. Eli listened pretty intently.



My Little(big) Zach man. This was during out time watching Eli play his games the last day of camp.




Pretty in pink... this girls hair is so wild during the summer... for the most part it is up in a ponytail with a clip in the front to keep her hair contained! I can do all I want with product in her hair... it's just not helping in the Charlotte humidity!



0 comments: