I had the awesome privilege to spend the last week with my sister (Sarah), my nephews Will and Nate, and my niece Abby. It was so much fun! I was there because the little Nate man was just born a couple weeks ago, and due to the C-section Sarah needed some help around the house. I was able to do the dishes, laundry, sweep, mop and cook for her... and I loved every second of it. I don't love doing it at my house... but I loved it at her house! I guess because I was able to give that to her as a gift and ask nothing in return... I don't have a lot of money to give, but I can give of my time. It was a sweet time talking, playing with the kids, and just doing your everyday stuff in her presence. I miss her so much, I miss her being so close that I can just drive over for lunch and for the kids to play. It really stinks that she and her family live all the way up in PA, because we don't get to visit each other as much as we'd like to. I am praying that one day the Lord has us living close to each other again so we can really live life together, instead of living life through the phone! I was able to get some pictures of the kids while up there... so hang in, there will be more than what I usually do in a post... sorry! :)
"Ah, this is the life"
I'm over this MCADD thing!

"Ah, mommies arms"
I look at this little girl and she still amazes me... so tiny, yet such a big personality. She warmed up to Aunt Christy pretty quickly... by the first afternoon she was running into my lap and we were playing "I'm gonna get you".
Sweet kisses to mommy
this one is a spittin' image of daddy through and through... from the way he looks to his funny noises, to his mannerisms... I couldn't stop laughing!
Zach and Will playing in the sand box. This was an every morning and afternoon thing for them!
One day Sarah and I took the kids into Corning, NY... the closest city that has something for the kids to do. We went to the resource center... it's a place that has all different toys for the kids to play with (that you can actually check out and use), and all different stations for the kids to play at as well... a music station, a coloring station, a painting station, a reading station, and a mini house station. The kids had a blast there, we stayed for about an hour and a half. Unfortunately we think that Abby picked up some kind of stomach bug from there... so please pray that Nate does not catch that... it could mean hospitalization for him.

Zach playing the xylophone at the music station... he played there for a good 20 minutes... I think he may have some kind of musical talent!
Abby, in all her girliness...

Will playing at the train station. He has one at his house... just like it!
I'm over this MCADD thing!
"Ah, mommies arms"
I look at this little girl and she still amazes me... so tiny, yet such a big personality. She warmed up to Aunt Christy pretty quickly... by the first afternoon she was running into my lap and we were playing "I'm gonna get you".
Sweet kisses to mommy
this one is a spittin' image of daddy through and through... from the way he looks to his funny noises, to his mannerisms... I couldn't stop laughing!
Zach and Will playing in the sand box. This was an every morning and afternoon thing for them!One day Sarah and I took the kids into Corning, NY... the closest city that has something for the kids to do. We went to the resource center... it's a place that has all different toys for the kids to play with (that you can actually check out and use), and all different stations for the kids to play at as well... a music station, a coloring station, a painting station, a reading station, and a mini house station. The kids had a blast there, we stayed for about an hour and a half. Unfortunately we think that Abby picked up some kind of stomach bug from there... so please pray that Nate does not catch that... it could mean hospitalization for him.

Zach playing the xylophone at the music station... he played there for a good 20 minutes... I think he may have some kind of musical talent!
Abby, in all her girliness...
Will playing at the train station. He has one at his house... just like it!
Peek - a - boo !

We sang "row, row, row your boat" while the kids were on this boat teeter totter... it was a hit, and all the kids that were in the center ended up circling around and wanting to jump in with these two... I had to hold them back!
Like I said, it was a great time. I love my sister! Please continue to pray for her and Josh as they manage Nate's enzyme deficiency, these first few years are probably going to be the most stressful for them. Pray for the Lord to give them wisdom, understanding, and for a continued peace about how to handle things when situations arise with Nate.

We sang "row, row, row your boat" while the kids were on this boat teeter totter... it was a hit, and all the kids that were in the center ended up circling around and wanting to jump in with these two... I had to hold them back!
Like I said, it was a great time. I love my sister! Please continue to pray for her and Josh as they manage Nate's enzyme deficiency, these first few years are probably going to be the most stressful for them. Pray for the Lord to give them wisdom, understanding, and for a continued peace about how to handle things when situations arise with Nate.
I missed my family tremendously...
When I was away, I prayed that the Lord would refresh me and that He would renew my love for my family... and that HE did! I came home and couldn't stop hugging and kissing my children. I couldn't keep my husband away from me... which is a good thing!
I feel this new sense of love, admiration, and respect for my husband. I feel like we are dating again... it's so much fun!
The things that were getting on my nerves and bothering me before I left for this trip, seem to be a much lesser bother. I feel like I am not as overwhelmed and frustrated with things. Please pray with me that the Lord will continue to give me this peace. Please pray that the perspective that I came home with is something that I keep holding on to and implementing here in my home. I want my home to be a place of joy, of peace and of fun!
Last, but not least, Sarah... I miss you! I love you!
Last, but not least, Sarah... I miss you! I love you!
Josh, if you read this... please bring her closer to us soon... I promise you we'll have fun together! :0)
And, you can go fishing a lot more!





6 comments:
I completely understand....
My sister's husband is military like mine. We all lived in OK together for several years, then her husband became an officer and we moved away too. I live in TX and she lives in GA : (
Love the pics...It stinks to miss our fam!
Looks like you guiys had a great trip! Nate looks so cute! I just love babies...why do they have to grow up so fast.
thanks for all the help. love the pictures. miss you guys already.
I am glad you were all able to spend time together! I miss y'all so much and will try to get down to Charlotte soon. Say hi to everyone for me!
Post a Comment