Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Friday, June 5, 2009

Our Garden

On either side of the raised garden are the spill over gardens!
The plants in the back are 3 tomato and 1 cherry tomato plants.
next up to the right , brightest green are the green bean sprouts.
the palest green, and smaller plants are the broccoli.
dead center in the front... the cucumbers!
to the left of the cucs are the onion grass sprouts.
Look closely, we have tomatoes!
yes they are green... but it won't be long now and we'll be eating fresh, home-grown tomatoes!

The tall plant is the basil... I have cooked with it already... and yum, yum delicious!
behind that to the right... is the rosemary... these plants were so small when I got them... yeah for gardening!
(don't look at all the weeds... I have so much catching up to do it's crazy)



Just a quick post here... we are so excited that things are actually growing! we have been watering faithfully and here it is. Our tomato plants are doing amazingly... cucumbers, green beans, and broccoli are doing great as well... looks like the onions are doing ok... but our banana and green peppers didn't sprout anything! BOO! those are some things we use very often in this house. So while I was in PA, Scott took it upon himself, with the help of Eli, to plant some more... He cleared out two other beds on either side of the raised bed and planted zuchini, yellow squash, more green peppers a watermelon seed, and a white pumpkin seed. So we shall see how all of the rest grows... we alread have some zuchini and squash starting to pop through the ground.








Maybe next year we will double what we have this year... only time will tell!

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh Christy, please be brave and join us on Foto Friday today! I can't be the only one with really embarrassing pictures!

I was perusing your blog and saw that you were in PA visiting your sister (that's where I live now) and in Newport News, VA. I lived there in addition to other areas of VA for 15 years. We moved to PA from Chesapeake. I would move back in a heartbeat. We still go to the Outer Banks every summer for vacation. I much prefer the 90 minute drive we used to have as opposed to the 9 hour drive we now have!