Just for your info... we will not be painting our cabinets white... they are gonig to be totally different than that! Can't wait for you to see the end product.

How many times have you started a project without really thinking through things? You get so excited and want to get it done so you can enjoy the work you have put into it...
well we have extra work to even get back to square one! We are painting our cabinets, and without reservation Scott and I wanted to start, in order for us to enjoy a brighter kitchen together... and that is going to be a long time in the making! Sa, who knows if it will be done before you even come and visit in JULY! We shall see... Anway, Scott and I didn't even think to sand the cabinets... or to even figure out if we needed to do something other than sanding... and go figure... you need to do a lot of prep work.
So we had already started and gotten a good corner and part way to the stove done... when we decided to see if the paint could stand some rubbing on ... we knew that we'd cover it all with a clear coat to seal it.. but rubbing was not a good thing... the paint just came right off!
I left the room only to end up on the computer to google how to paint over stained wood...
Looks like we have made more work for ourselves than what we needed to do...
can we get some back up here... anyone wanting to just show up and pitch in to help us? hahaha!
So instead of cutting out at 10pm so my body can rest from having 3 kids home all day, doing hair, going to the pool in the afternoon, cooking and bedtime... I will be drinking coffee with my dinner in order to stay up until about 12 every night until we have a good portion of this done.
If any of you run into me in the next couple weeks, I am shaking because of my caffeine intake!
On a more serious note, the Lord has been speaking to me through all of this fiasco... I have been reminded that we need to take to time to do our homework, if you will. There is a lot of importance in researching and making sure that we have everything lined up the way it is supposed to be, other wise we are going to run into problems and will have to start from the beginning again. It is so important not to do a job and rush through it so you can see the end results, you need to take your time, do it right, and to the best of your ability.. why? We work not for man, but for the Lord! We need to put our best foot forward in all that we do.
I was so frustrated last night because of having to do all these extra steps. The Lord kept whispering to me, this is just one way that I am going to teach you patience... you have been praying for that lately... remember? I know the hard times you are having with your two little ones right now, and you wanting patience with them... this is one way I am going to grow your patience. Just keep pushing deeper into me, rely upon me for your strength... I will pull you through this... I have already gone before you and seen you through this tough season... so hold on to me, with all your might, hold on to me... I won't let you down.
He has also been whispering to me to be a team... instead of Scott doing the trim while I am trying to paint... HE has been reminding me that team work is better, that things get done much faster when you work together instead of separate. I believe that painting these cabinets is going to be a great team building experience for Scott and me. I want to follow his lead, and what better way to start than with a project! I love following my husband, I love doing what he directs me to do... I feel very secure when I am with him, and I fully trust his judgment. It is still a struggle for me to submit to him, but I am finding the closer I am walking with the Lord, the easier it is for me to do. So here's to team work...
My picture posting of the finished project... well I am not going to give you a date because I have absolutely no clue when it is going to happen!

0 comments:
Post a Comment