Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

City Pictures

Saturday after the wedding Scott and I took to the streets of Pittsburgh. What a gorgeous city it was! My thoughts going up was that it would be pretty dirty... but that wasn't the case at all. There were so many cool things in and around the whole city. Little nooks and cranny's of beauty. I loved this little garden area, when we were driving through the day before I told Scott I wanted to find this place again... and we did. This specific corner used to be an adult book and video store... it was torn down... and in place this beautiful corner garden was placed. Gotta love that! I kept saying to Scott that I had never seen a flower so perfect before... as we got closer and closer... I said that they looked fake. Those trees were an art project I believe... you are not supposed to touch the trees at all! I'll post close-ups of the trees at a later date.

This was a burial ground between two churches. It was an amazing story... if you want to find more on the story you'll just have to go and visit... too much to write down!

I actually laid on the ground (in a skirt mind you) to get this photo. I couldn't pass it up... the architecture is astounding. Scott and I had the chance to go into the church... and one of the deacons was there... he told us all about the history of the church. It was unreal!


While Scott and I walked around the city... there was so much for us to take in. The buildings are exquisite... some buildings are so incredibly old... you can tell by the character. I loved this building in particular because it was made specifically for this corner... actually it was the only building on the corner... the street surrounded that building on all sides! Pretty cool! If I had a nifty new SLR camera I would have been able to get better closeups... one day you'll get really amazing pics from me!



On the way to the wedding, Scott and I sat in a lot of traffic.. we only stayed 13 miles away from the wedding site... and don't you know the day of the wedding it took us a little under an hour and a half to get there... We planned on walking around the city for a little bit before the wedding... well we got there just in time with only 10 minutes to spare! Anyway, as we got closer to the site... we were stopped (yet again) but this time I look out the driver side window and see this... the gorgeous flowers... in the middle of the city! I had to snap a pic. How beautiful is that ?




This Scott and I had to get a picture of for Eli... it looks so much like a transformer... if you look closely each bridge that surrounds the city is represented on this thing. It was an amazing piece of art. And of course... it has to be in the good ole steelers colors! On every street corner there is a store that is devoted to the steelers... it was pretty neat to see a town that is so behind their team. Charlotte needs to learn how to do the panthers just as well... whether winning or losing! We love you panthers... we are behind you win or lose... if we had the money we'd be at the games supporting you guys! And, we'd stay 'till the very end of the game! ha!






0 comments: