Pr 18:24
" A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."
This is my closest friend Wendy.
We have known each other now for about 8 years... but it has been only in the last couple years that we have become so close. Wendy and I have children that are almost 3, Jadon and Lilly. We were pregnant together while carrying them... we did a Bible study together, with some other girls as well, through that stage of life. Had our two little ones, and then the next year went by without a lot of calling or getting together... WHY? well our children took up all of our time. I was busy being prego again, and she was busy being a mommy and working. Once she was able to stop working we re-connected and from there things were awesome. We were getting the kids together for a play date once a week... we went on a vacation together... and started to do a book/Bible study together on Monday nights...
We became so close. She has been a woman who has taught me how to be more patient. Wendy has challenged me in my walk with the Lord and prayed with me through some tough times. She has been an amazing friend to me. I can't thank her enough for her listening ear, for her support, for her prayers, for her realness ... It is not often that you come into a friendship like this. I know that this friendship is going to stand the test of time... no matter where we end up... even if it is on the opposite side of the world... we will always share a bond that touched our core.
It was a day today...
Wendy and I had to say goodbye for a while...
She and her family are relocating to South Africa for 2-3 years...
Needless to say tears were shed... even for a long time after she left today...
I already miss her SO VERY MUCH...
I already anticipate her return...
So please join with me as I pray for Wendy, Jon, and their children Jadon and Carleigh as they travel on the 8th of Aug. They will have an 18 hour flight.
Pray that the children will be calm, will sleep, and will not get to fussy.
As Wen said to me earlier today... 'man, when carleigh is mad... she has a really nasty cry.'
Pray for safety throughout their journey to S.A and while there.
I will miss you ,
and I love you my dear friend.
GOOD BYE WENDY!


0 comments:
Post a Comment