Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Finished

I am totally stoked about this project that Scott and I just finished.


I have been saying for a while that I wanted to do our family pictures blown up on our wall over the long coach, I just didn't have the "perfect" pictures. This thought has been in my head for the last year... and finally I got the pictures that I think capture my children, Scott and myself.





I ended up going to a salvage yard to find a window... found the perfect one, it just didn't have window panes... so Scott worked hard on those... cutting them to the exact size I needed them to be... he even sliced his knuckle doing it for me... a labor of LOVE! I stained the wood and then Scott figured how we would mount the pictures with it still looking like a window and being able to see the wall behind it. It took us longer than we thought (doesn't every project?), but I love it. The pictures are 11x14 ... so it is pretty big. The whole thing weighs in at about 42 lbs.


I am so excited about this project... because it is just what I wanted... and came out better than I expected it to.




Did I say that I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
What do you think?

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Too Cute! Just love it~

I'm working on a few projects of my own...maybe I will post pics 'if' I ever get them finidhes ;o}

Tracy said...

That's suppose to say finished...I AM SO GONNA HAVE TO START PROOF READING MY COMMENTS ;O}