Psalm 73: 27-28


My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. …
But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all your works.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tennyson's Christmas

We had a great Christmas with the Tennyson family. We stayed a little over a week, which was the longest we have done that... but I must say it went by the fastest. We thouroughly enjoyed ourselves, we enjoyed our family, and enjoyed our down time.



It is such a blessing to have amazing in-laws. I know not everyone joins me in saying that they truly love their in-laws as if they had been family forever. With each visit we have with my other set of parents, we grow closer and closer. I love you guys so much, and I was so glad that I could make you homemade chicken soup when you got sick! :)




We were also blessed to visit for a long time with Aunt Sandy (Scott's sister). We don't get to see her but once a year, so when we do see her we just eat up the time we get! My children have such a neat bond with their Aunt Sandy... they all want her attention and think that she is the most awesome person in the world. Even Eli has a bond with her like none other... he wanted to have a sleep over with Aunt Sandy, and wasn't too happy that Lilly got to sleep in the same room with her every night. Zach, well he's indifferent to her only because he's like that with everyone... if Aunt Sandy were a ball... he'd be all about her!



Sisterand Brother

Aunt Sandy and Lilly, waiting patiently for their cookies!


Aunt Sandy and Eli playing National Parks Monopoly




I also had such a great time with Sandy, I love her deeply, I feel such a connection with her... that I never thought possible because of the little time we get to spend. This last time, we spent countless hours talking about anything and everything. She is such a gift to me, that was the greatest Christmas gift that I received this Christmas, time spent with Sandy. I love you and miss you dear sister!



Me and my Sister


A tradition in the Tennyson home is to make cookies together... so Eli and G-pa T had at it one evening... the time they spent together doing that was precious. Lilly and Zach missed out on that because it was their bathtime... plus too many cooks in the kitchen under a certain age just isn't a good thing!




There are so many more pictures I could post... but it just won't allow me to do it all in this post. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, and had as much fun as we did.

May the Lord bless each one of you as He has so graciously blessed Scott and our family this year.

0 comments: